Gyro suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMann40

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
I raced both my rc's today at a track and I felt like I had no control while in the turns and I would often spin out of control. I want to be able to drift around a corner without losing that controlled steering. I have started looking at different gyro brands but also wanted some input as to which ones would work the best, but are simple to install. I am wanting to do this for both the Senton 3s and the Tyhon 6s, mainly operating on a dirt track that we sweep, rake, and wet down with a hose when it's too slick with dust.

Then I want to know if I need to upgrade the stock steering servo as well. Both have the stock steering servos and do ok, they are just not as quickly responsive as I would like.

Next would be the tires for the dirt track setup, but that'll be on a different thread.

Thanks in advance.

As I understand Gyros, they are for accelerating and keeping control. Not drifting.
In fact, I think I have my gyro turned off on my drifting rigs.

If your servos are laggy, definitely replace them with better ones.

As I understand Gyros, they are for accelerating and keeping control. Not drifting.
In fact, I think I have my gyro turned off on my drifting rigs.

If your servos are laggy, definitely replace them with better ones.
Thanks, I guess I am looking for more control when going into turns. Today it seemed the Typhon 6s slid for too long without any good reaction from the steering and I was running 4s most of the day (7200mAh, 100c, 14.8v 4s). Also, this may be a separate issue, but there was a delay when I would give it the first initial throttle like it hesitated before tearing away. So I will modify this request for gyro help to steer servo recommendations.

Yes. Gyros makes huge improvements in controllability. The challenge driving RC is that you can't “feel" the road. The gyro compensates for much of that in making the small millisecond by millisecond corrections
After you get the gyro ,then consider getting some nice studded off road tires. when you set your gyro ,set it low and raise it as needed.don't set to its highest point right off the start.you need to adjust little by little until you find your sweet spot.good luck and have a blast😁👍

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess I am looking for more control when going into turns. Today it seemed the Typhon 6s slid for too long without any good reaction from the steering and I was running 4s most of the day (7200mAh, 100c, 14.8v 4s). Also, this may be a separate issue, but there was a delay when I would give it the first initial throttle like it hesitated before tearing away. So I will modify this request for gyro help to steer servo recommendations.
More steering and control going into corners is camber, caster and toe and PRACTICE.

Set up your camber on the buggy at negative -2.5 degrees.
1701608908211.png

-2 degree toe out.

1701608373812.png

Dial in all the positive caster available.

1701608504661.png

Go get yourself a nice, fast, strong servo. Dial in the end points and go throw that car around now.

More steering and control going into corners is camber, caster and toe and PRACTICE.

Set up your camber on the buggy at negative -2.5 degrees.
View attachment 335179

-2 degree toe out.

View attachment 335177

Dial in all the positive caster available.

View attachment 335178

Go get yourself a nice, fast, strong servo. Dial in the end points and go throw that car around now.
Thank you so much for all the good input. I do have the camber at -2.5 and I am pretty dialed on the toe out, but I forgot about positive caster. Any recommendations on a fast servo?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back