Kraton Is getting bearings wet bad? Also, is getting the motor wed bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Welcome to the forum. Search some threads and ask any questions that spring to mind. Many here are ready to help!

I've seen some clean with foam & water, then blow dry with air, but in general electronics and bearing don't like bearings. Sealed bearings will be more water resistant, but not water proof.

Stock bearings hate water and will die out quickly. Same for pretty much the entire RC.

We have lots of members here that do water and snow. Mine don't go out in the wet though. Rust is a no go here.

Welcome to the forum!

Being i've built an underwater crawler and a DJI Flame-wheel 450 drone that could fly in the down pouring rain I can definitely tell you the score on this subject. :ROFLMAO:

So the answer isnt simply yes or no.

Motor - Waterproof IMO, clean once a season and relube or replace bearings. Most times a soak in wd40 and relube with silicone oil is all they need.

ESC - Most are factory waterproofed, my experience is send it into the water without a care in the world. EDIT: If you take apart a waterproof ESC they have used a epoxy similar to the way I use Liquid electrical tape and sealed all the PCB components and Capacitors. Its not just some janky rubber o-ring like on a WP servo. It's done right!!

Bearings - Out of my decades of running RC's the main ones that have either straight up seize on me, or just explode all over are the inner wheel bearings. Sometimes the outer but 90% of the time its the inner.

If you do what most of us do and hose your RC off after a run in the mud, the next day when its dry remove all the wheel bearings and soak in wd40 and lube with silicone oil.

Thats it my friend.

Also if you need help with water proofing plasti-dip and liquid electric tape are your friend. Literally anything in this world can be made "waterproof" so to say, and you don't need anyone to help you. Take it apart down to the PCB and do this below. I do all my servos and recievers in my vehicles that see water. And yes the Rx is in a waterproof box and the servo has waterproof seals. I don't care because this is a 100% good to go way...

I come from a time that there was no water proof Servos/ESC's/Rx's. So we had to make them this way!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back