Is is safe to use a battery with the case slightly expanded by just a bit ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion EXB
Hey guys,

I found two of my batteries with the case very slightly expanded, pictures attached. The charger and cell checker say they are good. Still I don't want to connect them or use them before checking. If it's better to toss them I will, just making sure. pictures attached. You can see they are not flushed anymore on a flat surface.

Thank you !

battery2.PNG

battery1.PNG

Hey guys,

I found two of my batteries with the case very slightly expanded, pictures attached. The charger and cell checker say they are good. Still I don't want to connect them or use them before checking. If it's better to toss them I will, just making sure. pictures attached. You can see they are not flushed anymore on a flat surface.

Thank you !

View attachment 368134

View attachment 368135

I wouldn't be too worried about a very slight battery bulge..

I Still Bash with my lipos that's bulged even more than that.
Granted I keep a fire extinguisher nearby with me, at multiple places (in the house and car)...
And fire-proof storage cases, ie: converted ammo cans..
Just in case! 🔥😂

When I get home I'll get you some of my bulging pics.. 🤣

I wouldn't be too worried about a very slight battery bulge..

I Still Bash with my lipos that's bulged even more than that.
Granted I keep a fire extinguisher nearby with me, at multiple places...
Just in case! 🔥😂

When I get home I'll get you some of my bulging pics.. 🤣
Whoa whoa .let's keep your bulging pics at home 🤮we don't need to see your bulges🤣🤣🤣

I've never actually witnessed a problem with a fat bat.

Some of them I've used on my freestyle drones had gotten so bad it split the plastic and you could see the cells.. not saying that is a good thing at all, but I deff still sent them. I kept them put up safely and carried them in my car etc safely though. Deff sketch.

They didn't have g10 plates or anything on em. You could crash upside down and blow one up pretty easy. Not sure if that played into the excessive puff.

Lipo safety first. Don't need any burnt down homes over saving a few bucks.

I've never actually witnessed a problem with a fat bat.

Some of them I've used on my freestyle drones had gotten so bad it split the plastic and you could see the cells.. not saying that is a good thing at all, but I deff still sent them. I kept them put up safely and carried them in my car etc safely though. Deff sketch.

They didn't have g10 plates or anything on em. You could crash upside down and blow one up pretty easy. Not sure if that played into the excessive puff.

Lipo safety first. Don't need any burnt down homes over saving a few bucks.

That is True.

If you're Not comfortable with any of your lipos because of its puffy physical condition, then dispose of them appropriately.

Back