Kraton Is it possible to convert the Kraton to a short course truck (sct)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcuser

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone know if there’s any wheels/tires and body that can be used to make the kraton look like a sct? I have too many open wheel rigs but don't want to sell or trade them yet, nor buy a new rc. Like the look of slashes, traxxas udr, and losi’s new bnd version of their baja rey.

You will need a SC8 body to start. I’ve converted a 1/8 truggy into a 1/8 SCT before. Great basher

Ah yes. I forgot team associated had their 1/8 sct line. That body and some sc8 wheels/tires. Im sure the a-arms are too long and tires will still extend beyond the body. But it’s a start. Not sure if I want to convert to shorter arms, shorter driveshafts, and whatever else it takes just yet.

Change up the look. Go back when Im bored with it or want to bash harder. I like the durability of the kraton and arrma’s layout/engineering. Just not thrilled about the look as much. I was never a scale guy but recently scale looks became more appealing. I notice I enjoy taking the losi db xle out due to its looks. Also considered just putting a Ford Raptor body on

Because a 1/8 Arrma SCT would be the toughest basher made.

Yes you would swap out with buggy arms, cvds, tie rods, I ran mine on 6s with XO-1 wheels/tires,, 70mph rocket.

Where would you bash? On a road or parking lot?

Typhon/senton arms, hexes, drive shafts, axles, dogbones, cvds it would by a long one. Cool project.

Head to the Ebay kit breakers, they will save you a ton of money on a project like this. Also, don't forget the smaller tire will change the rollout a lot - plan on bumping the pinion up by about 2-4 teeth.

Just Typhon axles, hub carriers, and hexes you will narrow front and rear by about 1inch (1/2” each side). Then add some 2.8 badlands you would loose another inch or so. Not sure what body would extend out far enough over the tires though.

it might be cheaper to just buy a arrma senton 6s blx. The senton has a shorter chassis, shorter arms, shorter front and to rear drive shafts, different wheels, tires and body.

it might be cheaper to just buy a arrma senton 6s blx. The senton has a shorter chassis, shorter arms, shorter front and to rear drive shafts, different wheels, tires and body.

Sc8 wheels and bodies are all discontinued. 1/8 sct’s aren’t popular at all. So gonna scratch this idea. And get a senton 6s or new 3s or different brand if I end up really wanting the sct look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back