Kraton Is the BLX 185 ESC in my v3 kraton the same thing as a Hobby wing ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
After this week with so many posts about ESC from Hobby wing and the firma 150 ESC going up in flames I did some research on Google and some said the 185 blx is pretty much a Hobby wing.well I just got my first kraton last week and it's a v3 with a 185 Blx ESC.it has no fan on the motor .and I'm worried about a fire . should I get a fan on it even though I don't bash I just do speed passes on open grass feilds and some street runs.and barely full throttle it .so should I be ok without a fan? I took temps this week and after 20 minutes of using it the ESC was at 105 and motor 84 thank you
Sorry should mention the ESC does have a stock fan

it's equivalent to the hobbywing Quicrun 8bl150 really good esc. only runs 6v though. I would get a aluminium case fan for your motor running on grass and in summer things will get too hot

it's equivalent to the hobbywing Quicrun 8bl150 really good esc. only runs 6v though. I would get a aluminium case fan for your motor running on grass and in summer things will get too hot
Thank you that's what I was asking.i normally only run late afternoons when it's cooler but with so many people lately saying there ESC are going up in flames Im worried .I'll look for a fan today..should I get a 40 mm fan or?
Oh ok it's equivalent but not the exact same one meaning arrma didn't use a HW esc and just threw on a blx 185 sticker on it

Thank you that's what I was asking.i normally only run late afternoons when it's cooler but with so many people lately saying there ESC are going up in flames Im worried .I'll look for a fan today..should I get a 40 mm fan or?

Oh ok it's equivalent but not the exact same one meaning arrma didn't use a HW esc and just threw on a blx 185 sticker on it
I just put 30mm high speed fans on the motor and esc aluminium framed ones are the best I use centro fans (y)

I had one in a rig a got from @Rcproponent last year when I first got into rc's. Put it a Kraton XL few months back. I have put that thing through the ringer and it is STILL kickin! Just get a fan for it and it should be fine. I can't remember if it's 30,35mm or 40mm I think it's 35mm but you can double check on arrmas site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back