Kraton IS THE EXB CHASSIS BETTER THAN V5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I need a new chassis but with all my M2C braces , HR Gear boxes , and HR tower 2 tower brace . Do I really need an EXB chassis. They don’t seem to be much stronger than standard. Maybe I’m wrong which is why I’m asking you guys.

I need a new chassis but with all my M2C braces , HR Gear boxes , and HR tower 2 tower brace . Do I really need an EXB chassis. They don’t seem to be much stronger than standard. Maybe I’m wrong which is why I’m asking you guys.
Yes but the standard ones can be just as strong on the v5 i feel like. What bent my exb chassis and rtr chassis on my v5 noto was the tower to tower brace. Removed that yseless thing and it has never bent again. If you want to upgrade ur kraton chassis exb would be great with jennysrc if ur having a shorter chassis its not needed if you remove the tower brace and solidify the chassis with metal braces

I bent my talion EXB chassis in no time. been running a stock kraton v5 and bashing hard chassis still straight as an arrow. not had any bad crashes yet though so fingers crossed

I bent my talion EXB chassis in no time. been running a stock kraton v5 and bashing hard chassis still straight as an arrow. not had any bad crashes yet though so fingers crossed
I bet the rear bent backwards
The tower tower brace is so bad you land it flat or a slight front landing the rear is bent the flex of the front is transferred in the rear. This video shows what im talking about

I bet the rear bent backwards
The tower tower brace is so bad you land it flat or a slight front landing the rear is bent the flex of the front is transferred in the rear. This video shows what im talking about
yep bent down at the rear straightened it out and screwed an old rear part of a 6061 chassis I had to make it stronger. been fine for the last year or so

I can't comment on the V5 chassis but the EXB chassis is not worth it imho. M2C, JBI, Bulletproof RC or Scorched RC. Sure they might cost a bit more up front but you will save money in the long run by not having to replace the chassis again.

Yes but the standard ones can be just as strong on the v5 i feel like. What bent my exb chassis and rtr chassis on my v5 noto was the tower to tower brace. Removed that yseless thing and it has never bent again. If you want to upgrade ur kraton chassis exb would be great with jennysrc if ur having a shorter chassis its not needed if you remove the tower brace and solidify the chassis with metal braces

It's not the T2T brace per say, it definitely adds to the problem though, but it is the fact that the rear of the car is designed wrong. Where the wing mount and the rear chassis brace tie together actually doesn't provide any sort of support, it basically makes a pivot point for the stress to transfer to the rear of the chassis, that is why the rear always bends. To show what I mean remove the 4 screws holding the rear bulkhead onto the chassis but leave everything else bolted on, the rear bulkhead will literally just pivot on the rear chassis brace and the T2T brace, the rear chassis brace and the T2T brace both should have 2 load points where they connect to the rear bulkhead not 1.

-edit- The front part of the T2T brace should also have 2 load points. And there needs to be bracing sort of like on the Kronos and Sledge that come off the rear shock tower and angle towards the front of the vehicle. I'm not saying that this will 100% fix the problem but it will really help it preventing it from happening so easily.

1681058089240.png

1681058391453.png

Last edited:
Hmm which tower braces do you guys remove for bashing? (super noob here).
The long tube
I can't comment on the V5 chassis but the EXB chassis is not worth it imho. M2C, JBI, Bulletproof RC or Scorched RC. Sure they might cost a bit more up front but you will save money in the long run by not having to replace the chassis again.

It's not the T2T brace per say, it definitely adds to the problem though, but it is the fact that the rear of the car is designed wrong. Where the wing mount and the rear chassis brace tie together actually doesn't provide any sort of support, it basically makes a pivot point for the stress to transfer to the rear of the chassis, that is why the rear always bends. To show what I mean remove the 4 screws holding the rear bulkhead onto the chassis but leave everything else bolted on, the rear bulkhead will literally just pivot on the rear chassis brace and the T2T brace, the rear chassis brace and the T2T brace both should have 2 load points where they connect to the rear bulkhead not 1.
I agree. They couLd fiX that by making a 4 Bolting point chassis brace. Like a square and eliminate that pivot point. But removing the T2T greatly reduces the leverage on the pivot point. Weird that nobody has come out with something to fix that design issue

Ah thats just very interesting me see with the tower to tower brace being an issue for bashing. I've just never heard of that, or seen anyone taking that off from any bash videos. Makes me very curious about it though, any videos about this with further in depth detail?

Ah thats just very interesting me see with the tower to tower brace being an issue for bashing. I've just never heard of that, or seen anyone taking that off from any bash videos. Makes me very curious about it though, any videos about this with further in depth detail?
Since the v4 aussie makes great review videos And he explained the issue the best he could.

Since the v4 aussie makes great review videos And he explained the issue the best he could.
Very interesting. I'm on a V5 Kraton RTR and it has the plastic supports and its been fine with no breakages. I guess i'll just leave it as it and see how long it goes before it becomes it issue. Thank you for that video though as it brings a potential issue to light.

Same here! I would never remove the T2T. I bought a V2 Kraton and it didn’t come with one. The V4 is much stronger. Of course I always install the M2C tower brace upper and lower on the back. Aluminum bulkheads and aluminum T2T brace mounts strengthen the whole rig as well

Same here! I would never remove the T2T. I bought a V2 Kraton and it didn’t come with one. The V4 is much stronger. Of course I always install the M2C tower brace upper and lower on the back. Aluminum bulkheads and aluminum T2T brace mounts strengthen the whole rig as well
It makes the chassis to more easily bent backwards on the rear gearbox

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back