Is there a quick way to slow down the car for newbies to drive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calabiyau

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
On a stock v2 Kraton, is there a quick way to put it in say half speed mode to slow it down so I can give to a kid to drive? Pretty open area, no trees

Make sure that car is off then if you have the tactic radio, with the radio off turn and hold the wheel all the way to the right then hold the throttle punched and while holding both turn your switch on your light should blink that means you're in program mode after you can turn on your car then drive it and while you hold the throttle while you're driving it the 2 little buttons by your thumb is your adjustment you could go down or up down is to make it less up is to make it more adjust to way you like it then turn the radio off to save the settings try to go in a straight line when adjusting because it's the same way to adjust steering end points so don't turn while pushing the buttons unless adjusting steering end points
Here you go it's a little tricky but once you get the hang of it it's easy to do

Can you run a single 3s in them without damaging them? I know you have to you a plug on one of the connectors.

Can you run a single 3s in them without damaging them? I know you have to you a plug on one of the connectors.

anytime you run a single pack you have to loop it... i cut out the loop for a single 6s pack in all my trucks...

I once argued that you couldn't because the manual states 4s-6s. However I was wrong as the manual also states that it can take 3s - 6s.
I've ran my Typhon and Notorious with a 3s battery a couple of times so my daughter could try them out.

I once argued that you couldn't because the manual states 4s-6s. However I was wrong as the manual also states that it can take 3s - 6s.
I've ran my Typhon and Notorious with a 3s battery a couple of times so my daughter could try them out.

i haven't tried that yet.. does it cog at all?

Turn the middle knob on your controller on it the truck starts braking for its self letting off the gas ... you just won’t have any reverse

I will work with this and see how it goes. Thanks. Was thinking an option might be on the controller rather than something else.

Turn the middle knob on your controller on it the truck starts braking for its self letting off the gas ... you just won’t have any reverse

Take the middle knob and turn it till the truck brakes for its self you just won’t have reverse

There was a post that i commented on that explained how to do it with the radio. I'l try to find it. You can always put a wood block behind the trigger lol

This ^ is about the easiest thing to do, tape something behind the trigger so they can only squeeze it so far.

The other option you have is to set the throttle end points. This takes a little bit to do.
  • Start with everything off and the wheels off the ground.
  • Turn the steering wheel fully right or clockwise and hold full throttle.
  • Turn on the power switch on the radio.
  • Red led should flash 5 times then go out the radio is now in programming mode.
  • Turn on the esc.
  • Now slowly add throttle until you are at speed that you feel comfortable with.
  • While holding the throttle at desired position push the lower button on the side of the controller until you see the car start to slow down, use the top button to add speed back in.
  • Release throttle.
  • Turn off esc.
  • Turn off radio.
Same concept applies to setting the steering end points except you turn the steering wheel instead of holding the throttle.

This ^ is about the easiest thing to do, tape something behind the trigger so they can only squeeze it so far.

The other option you have is to set the throttle end points. This takes a little bit to do.
  • Start with everything off and the wheels off the ground.
  • Turn the steering wheel fully right or clockwise and hold full throttle.
  • Turn on the power switch on the radio.
  • Red led should flash 5 times then go out the radio is now in programming mode.
  • Turn on the esc.
  • Now slowly add throttle until you are at speed that you feel comfortable with.
  • While holding the throttle at desired position push the lower button on the side of the controller until you see the car start to slow down, use the top button to add speed back in.
  • Release throttle.
  • Turn off esc.
  • Turn off radio.
Same concept applies to setting the steering end points except you turn the steering wheel instead of holding the throttle.
Thanks slick for taking the time to make those bullets easier to understand than my chicken scratch lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back