Typhon Is there an 8s Lipo which fits in stock battery tray?

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I have a stretched TLR Typhon and wondering is there an 8s (or 2 x 4s) that will actually fit in the stock battery tray & hopefully under the stock body with some spacers?

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
How much modding are you really willing to do? (2) 4s's will fit. I think 48mm width packs should fit. Will probably need longer velcro straps.
To date, I don't know of any single 8s brick packs that exist. And if they did, man would it be costly.
Typhon body has limited height to deal with as stated above. Also have to consider all the weight of 8 cells on one side of the rig. I always focus on keeping the chassis well balanced as best I can.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
How much modding are you really willing to do? (2) 4s's will fit. I think 48mm width packs should fit. Will probably need longer velcro straps.
To date, I don't know of any single 8s brick packs that exist. And if they did, man would it be costly.
Typhon body has limited height to deal with as stated above. Also have to consider all the weight of 8 cells on one side of the rig. I always focus on keeping the chassis well balanced as best I can.
Very good point - I do have a few race kits and balance is absolute key, actually I want to get some scales for my rigs

In this instance though, mine is setup for speed runs with Kraton chassis and Hoons wheels
This is a question i should of ask before i purchase 7600 smc 4s packs 🤣🤣 i had to buy new tray and cut the whole side guard down for lipos to sit side by side but it worked great. Pics on build
Can u pls share your build link? I’d luv to see what you’ve done

1999fd

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
8s pack right here lol. That's giant. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-8s-65-130c-lipo-pack-xt90.html?___store=en_us

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Very good point - I do have a few race kits and balance is absolute key, actually I want to get some scales for my rigs

In this instance though, mine is setup for speed runs with Kraton chassis and Hoons wheels

Can u pls share your build link? I’d luv to see what you’ve done

It doesn't show in build?

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I finally found the perfect Lipo where I can stack 2x4s and WILL fit under the stock body, however, international shipping is not available as I live in Sydney Australia :(

Are there any loopholes as apparently some people use a freight forwarding company in the USA that can transport to Australia. Apparently there are many different freight forwarding companies so you do you know who I should approach here?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...po-battery-15.2v-4300mah-ptk-5101-22/p1370761