Is this CNHL battery toast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaboyhamz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
bought two CNHL innovation RC Racing series 10kMaH 4s batteries two months ago

Now one of them is throwing a much higher IR when charging. I always take care of my batteries so I have no idea why this is happening.

Is the one battery toast? Will CNHL warranty even though it’s past 30 days?

I’d hate to spend $100 on a battery just to use it less than 5 times

IMG_0672.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

It's possible but unlikely for the balance wire for that cell to be coming loose. Play around with them and mash on the top of the lipo. If the numbers change, that's what it is. I've had two different lipos do this. They only had a couple strands of wire making connection and gave false IR readings.

Funny, a few days ago, my one 5600 4s CNHL race pack puffed up and split the plastic case open at the seams during a bash of my TLRT Typhon. No crashes nothing, just normal driving on road stuff. Maybe 25-30 cycles of use total use if that. Always storage charged and all. Specs are all good, IR's and all. No sweet smell of Lipo either. It is on borrowed time no doubt. Pisses me off. Was a great pack.
I may still run it and take the gamble. Like I said Specs are all normal, Except for a puffed cell. And that cell reads volts and IR's fine and balances fine with the rest. I measured the pack at 122F with my temp gun when it happened. That's not really hot at all IMHO. Normal for most any of my packs and rigs with 70F ambient temps.
This pack is well over one year old. I wouldn't expect CNHL to warranty it. Great if they did however. Doubt it.

Last edited:
My 4s 9500mah packs puff up during use in my k8s. About 120-130 degrees, IR on all packs are great and after use they go back to normal size.

My 4s 9500mah packs puff up during use in my k8s. About 120-130 degrees, IR on all packs are great and after use they go back to normal size.
Yeah totally normal, they are just flexing on you. :sneaky:

Seriously? I would dump any puffed battery. My the $100 for the burnt up house is way less then deductible for a house fire. So not worth the risk.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back