Brand new Hobbywing Max6 G2 1650kv already toast??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camreno

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Before you mention the wheel, yes I know, the hub broke on the bandland like they always do, already fixed :p

Ran this for 2 days on 6s no issues, 3rd day ran it for 5 mins not hard at all on 8s, didn't even get hot. Washed it, dried it, like I always do "it's supposed to be waterproof" few hours later after batteries charged it's doing this. I reset the ESC, calibrated the throttle points, nothing. I can't find anyone with the same issue or at least a solution. Unplugged and replugged the entire system.

Could a really quick spray down actually cause this?? If so that's very disappointing....

I've had same issue you mention here, after a good wash down but my problem is normally receiver getting wet in the waterproof box. Not saying thats your problem but might something to check

I've had same issue you mention here, after a good wash down but my problem is normally receiver getting wet in the waterproof box. Not saying thats your problem but might something to check
It’s not I checked, bone dry

That sounds a lot like you're missing a whole phase. It looks a lot from the video like your yellow wire is not plugged in all the way but can't tell for sure. I'd try unplugging and putting that one back in, they can be really tough to seat correctly. Try recalibrating again I guess and contact hobbywing for warranty if all else fails. Sometimes there are just bad motors/escs, it happens.

That sounds a lot like you're missing a whole phase. It looks a lot from the video like your yellow wire is not plugged in all the way but can't tell for sure. I'd try unplugging and putting that one back in, they can be really tough to seat correctly. Try recalibrating again I guess and contact hobbywing for warranty if all else fails. Sometimes there are just bad motors/escs, it happens.
Yeah i replugged the motor wires, extremely tight fit but still nothing. I bought on Amazon so thankfully they have a good return policy lol. And I already ordered a new one

Back