Typhon Is this motor mount bent or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there are 2 problems, I did the mod after son had a head-on impact with a kerb just tall enough for the car to hit rather that ride up - that destroyed the plate (had a S shape that moved the motor side forwards by 5mm), destroyed slipper casing, and also snapped the block in front of the battery off the chassis. Downwards is hopefully more cushioned by the shocks most of the time, if you are chassis slapping hard enough to bend the motor mount maybe think about increasing shock springs.

In the 6S world there are 2 opposing schools of thought on putting supports under the motor
1) It helps support the heavy motor, shares the load and stops you bending things
2) The chassis flexes so if you have multiple points of contact with the motor which cannot bend it causes problems and adds stress to the motor and mounts
Only personal style and experience will prove which is more relevant to you.
I agree to some extent. If they are pads then they will give support yet smash as needed if there is extreme flex in the chassis. imho

I will attempt to design and print a brace later. I will share the file once I find out if it’s any good or not.

Yes, there are 2 problems, I did the mod after son had a head-on impact with a kerb just tall enough for the car to hit rather that ride up - that destroyed the plate (had a S shape that moved the motor side forwards by 5mm), destroyed slipper casing, and also snapped the block in front of the battery off the chassis. Downwards is hopefully more cushioned by the shocks most of the time, if you are chassis slapping hard enough to bend the motor mount maybe think about increasing shock springs.

In the 6S world there are 2 opposing schools of thought on putting supports under the motor
1) It helps support the heavy motor, shares the load and stops you bending things
2) The chassis flexes so if you have multiple points of contact with the motor which cannot bend it causes problems and adds stress to the motor and mounts
Only personal style and experience will prove which is more relevant to you.
Yea was just my fix. 1 pad is 1 point of contact. And its flexible.

I bought a HR motor mount! It will arrive in a week or two. I also printed a motor brace and it actually worked for my cousin’s Granite!

The HR motor plate isn't any better than the stock Arrma motor plate.
I printed a brace, it worked for my cousin’s Granite, he had some nasty landings and the motor mount is perfectly fine!

I printed a brace, it worked for my cousin’s Granite, he had some nasty landings and the motor mount is perfectly fine!
Glad it worked out but still don't change the fact that the HR motor plate is no better than the stock Arrma motor plate. If you really wanted an upgrade, the 7mm Arrma motor plate is better than the stock and don't cost near as much as the M2C motor plate. The CRCU is also a nice upgraded motor mount.

Glad it worked out but still don't change the fact that the HR motor plate is no better than the stock Arrma motor plate. If you really wanted an upgrade, the 7mm Arrma motor plate is better than the stock and don't cost near as much as the M2C motor plate. The CRCU is also a nice upgraded motor mount.
Well, it‘s a temporary fix until I get the money to get a decent one. Also, I can’t find a 7mm Arrma mount, only a 6mm.

Well, it‘s a temporary fix until I get the money to get a decent one. Also, I can’t find a 7mm Arrma mount, only a 6mm.
It's definitely better than a bent and straightened stock mount. The brace that you printed is also an excellent idea.

It's definitely better than a bent and straightened stock mount. The brace that you printed is also an excellent idea.
I printed it in PLA and it works perfectly! It’s also a pretty quick print.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back