Typhon Is this motor mount bent or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is now,put back together yesterday,got a HV hobbystar servo somewhere I'll put in it.
Mmx6s an tp4030 fit down in there gooood.

16379965218783734531309243525623.jpg

16379965637667939986321974180758.jpg

16379966280647778813627820742931.jpg

Here it is now,put back together yesterday,got a HV hobbystar servo somewhere I'll put in it.

View attachment 182228

View attachment 182229

View attachment 182230
Man I dig u run that blue body. I'm gonna shelf queen a blue BR 1 day. Chrome wheels.etc lol
Nice! My motor mount looked like that stock (very slight bend). Someone on here recommended these so I bought one. Have not tried it yet. https://www.ebay.com/itm/334082998807
Only options are that like u showed and I didnt look to see if it was the 7075 metal. If so that's good. New 6mm arrma ive not heard to bad. Or have I?? Lol. M2c if a person has 70$ is bulletproof. HR is same as stock. What helped me most was this 👇. Tough foam packed in bumper and bumper spring.
16379974030165405794933944971802.jpg

Man I dig u run that blue body. I'm gonna shelf queen a blue BR 1 day. Chrome wheels.etc lol
Justbashit has the blue bodys for like 30$ last I checked. This is the original body I got with my brand new v1 big rock 2 years ago.
Justbashit has the blue bodys for like 30$ last I checked. This is the original body I got with my brand new v1 big rock 2 years ago.
You ever get up here around st louis hit me up,we'll smoke out big,an bash hard.....😆😅🤣😂

Only options are that like u showed and I didnt look to see if it was the 7075 metal. If so that's good. New 6mm arrma ive not heard to bad. Or have I?? Lol. M2c if a person has 70$ is bulletproof. HR is same as stock. What helped me most was this 👇. Tough foam packed in bumper and bumper spring.
View attachment 182231
I do the same,I save all packing foam.if ya bash in the cold it'll save breakage big time when all the plastic gets brittle an breaks easy.

Last edited:
1637998086470.png

This is what the seller responded with when I asked about the material.

Does anyone else use something to support the back of motor.i cram foam under back of 40mm motors an I've never bent a mount,an I'm stupid an ignorant to my 1/10 rides...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I use an extra heat sink turned upside down to support my 3670 motor. It is able to slide and allows the chassis to flex while still supporting the motor and stopping the motor plate from bending.
20210620_112644.jpg
20210620_112630.jpg

I use an extra heat sink turned upside down to support my 3670 motor. It is able to slide and allows the chassis to flex while still supporting the motor and stopping the motor plate from bending.View attachment 182264View attachment 182265
Nice,that's what I love about the hobby.customize your own an see what works an don't.see what others come up with.
Now you need a 36mm fan to mount behind motor.😁...I spend most of the year trying to beat pbs with speed cars,now it's test an trial an error testing snanagens..time to try all the dumb ideas I've thought of during speedrun session.
In last couple weeks I've had some fun.no SR pressure.today I hit 101mph with 8s senton fighting parachuting the whole time.2 months ago 101mph wouldn't even faze me.senton going airborne at 97mph was a hellva rush.
I use an extra heat sink turned upside down to support my 3670 motor. It is able to slide and allows the chassis to flex while still supporting the motor and stopping the motor plate from bending.View attachment 182264View attachment 182265
Is that the 2250kv 3670??? Run good on 4s??

Nice,that's what I love about the hobby.customize your own an see what works an don't.see what others come up with.
Now you need a 36mm fan to mount behind motor.😁...I spend most of the year trying to beat pbs with speed cars,now it's test an trial an error testing snanagens..time to try all the dumb ideas I've thought of during speedrun session.
In last couple weeks I've had some fun.no SR pressure.today I hit 101mph with 8s senton fighting parachuting the whole time.2 months ago 101mph wouldn't even faze me.senton going airborne at 97mph was a hellva rush.

Is that the 2250kv 3670??? Run good on 4s??
It's a Surpass Hobby 2650kv 3670 on 4s with a Firma150 and a 19t pinion. Runs very good. All the power I need. Don't do speed runs with it but can get to around 65-70mph with the right conditions. Gear calculator says 74.49mph, but we all know it's not actually gonna get to that speed.

That’s not going to happen anytime soon, It’s over $70 and I don’t have that right now. :( I will have to wait until after Christmas to get it, I’m not old enough for a job…
It’s only slightly bent. Try to flatten it and then do this:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tired-of-bent-motor-mounts-on-3s-try-this.45620/

With that little bend you may get some wear on the spur gear…maybe. That’s a $5 replacement which you can afford. I’d try to flatten it, use the fix above, see what happens. No need to drop $70 until you have to. Using the above has served me well with just the hot racing replacement and I treat my Typhon like a wrecking ball.

It’s only slightly bent. Try to flatten it and then do this:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tired-of-bent-motor-mounts-on-3s-try-this.45620/

With that little bend you may get some wear on the spur gear…maybe. That’s a $5 replacement which you can afford. I’d try to flatten it, use the fix above, see what happens. No need to drop $70 until you have to. Using the above has served me well with just the hot racing replacement and I treat my Typhon like a wrecking ball.
I was going to do that but I have to wait for Jenny’s to ship out the screw set I bought. Thanks for the tip!
I ended up putting rubber bands at the end of the motor can on both my Typhon and my cousin’s Granite.
B729AED2-277C-4FE2-8C6F-ADA54234DF24.jpeg
C56EC6F0-4BA7-4C65-8141-5611B463F7D1.jpeg

View attachment 182228

View attachment 182229

View attachment 182230
I wouldn't strap that large Cap pack to the motor. Why add that weight to the motor? A liability to the motor mount.
Also, sometimes Cap packs get very hot. Why place that heat onto the motor can? It also blocks motor heat from leaving the motor.
I know space is limiting, maybe velcro it somewhere else. To the battery perhaps.
Nice rig.
Just me.

I wouldn't strap that large Cap pack to the motor. Why add that weight to the motor? A liability to the motor mount.
Also, sometimes Cap packs get very hot. Why place that heat onto the motor can? It also blocks motor heat from leaving the motor.
I know space is limiting, maybe velcro it somewhere else. To the battery perhaps.
Nice rig.
Just me.
Yes ,just temporary,I'd remove it,but after looking at logs it works to good to remove it.ill be changing it up,this motor will need HS and fan on 4s.ive run 1 pack throu it just to check temps.
Haven't drove a 1/10 in long time. Completely different arrma animal from the bigger scales..

My cap packs can shoot up to 130F. A big source of heat at times. Why I mentioned this.:)

The plate often gets bent in case of frontal impact as the motor is heavy and the plate is what takes the force. I put a stop in front of the motor to take the force and stop the motor plate bending (think seat belt for your motor). The part is one of the front battery stops (AR320413) installed upside-down but any block would do the job. (I got the hole in the chassis in slightly the wrong place so had to add some pads)
20211130_121704.jpg

The plate often gets bent in case of frontal impact as the motor is heavy and the plate is what takes the force. I put a stop in front of the motor to take the force and stop the motor plate bending (think seat belt for your motor). The part is one of the front battery stops (AR320413) installed upside-down but any block would do the job. (I got the hole in the chassis in slightly the wrong place so had to add some pads)
View attachment 183012
That’s a great idea! I will try that! I am going to design and print a guard for it! I’m finally getting a new bed for my Ender 3 Pro.

Last edited:
You can just use those same exact pads and go under the can. Imo is not as much the forward force. Its the motor can being suspended off the chassis without any support. I bent 3 plates in a couple weeks. Did this👇. No more bent plates with waaayyy worse crashing. But while its cold out and temps won't be a prob all sides are good. But remember when outside temps get warm again it will be like a hot bed for the motor.
20211129_165507.jpg

Couldnt find correct pic. But the pad u see by itself same as yours is just under end of the can

You can just use those same exact pads and go under the can. Imo is not as much the forward force. Its the motor can being suspended off the chassis without any support. I bent 3 plates in a couple weeks. Did this👇. No more bent plates with waaayyy worse crashing.
Yes, there are 2 problems, I did the mod after son had a head-on impact with a kerb just tall enough for the car to hit rather that ride up - that destroyed the plate (had a S shape that moved the motor side forwards by 5mm), destroyed slipper casing, and also snapped the block in front of the battery off the chassis. Downwards is hopefully more cushioned by the shocks most of the time, if you are chassis slapping hard enough to bend the motor mount maybe think about increasing shock springs.

In the 6S world there are 2 opposing schools of thought on putting supports under the motor
1) It helps support the heavy motor, shares the load and stops you bending things
2) The chassis flexes so if you have multiple points of contact with the motor which cannot bend it causes problems and adds stress to the motor and mounts
Only personal style and experience will prove which is more relevant to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back