Kraton Is this right? - CV Joint Cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asus127

Reaction score
I've ordered all new internals and bearings as it's never been changed, but one side is more wobbly then the other. Hopefully the new parts will fix this. When I stripped the diff down only a small tooth was missing on the small cogs.

Anybody else get that much wobble? Thats almost like a bearing with the wrong ID was installed.

The aluminum cup output shaft hole is egged out. That's why the Arrma alloy and cloned designs are multi-piece and hardened steel capped to counter the outdrive material.

You can shim that back tight, but the harder material will always eventually wear through soft alloy. Your best bet for longevity would be to run that in the center where there is less outdrive vertical(eccentric) load. But IMO, that's on borrowed time and will leak within a few runs on 6S.

Not sure if you've seen my other posts about the missing shims but this is what the centre housing looks like. Seems like the big cog has been rubbing with there being no shim inside.

If I insert a shim, this would help?

20240502_211239.jpg

Pulled the sun gear down too I see, yeah it'll need a lot of shim to make work. I have some 31mm blx shim that goes underneath the output pin and is the same OD as the sun gear. For $20 cost on the Arrma and the labor time to rebuild another diff, that thing is FUBAR unless it was your last resort on limping to a finish line.

Interesting that is aftermarket too, not stock. Is this a used rig? Seems like someone forgot to install all the peices. That differential cup is shot though and shouldn't be reused.

Check out JennysRC as well. They are a kit breaker and where I get alot of parts from.

Good luck 👍

Thank all. Ordered it so let's see if this solves my problem 👍🏻 spent more time fixing little things then driving it lately
sometimes its like that pal 😐 I've had many times were I've felt like just throwing it in the bushes you should try nitro that will really get your blood boiling 😣

Yeah it's second hand from a mate of mine. Got this few typhons which my son is loving as holding up strong, and a little granite. All for £350 including battery's and a overland charger. I've had petrol baja and x2 nitro jatos.

Gone with electric this time round to save all the hassle. Saying that with pieces of parts around the living room.

I've seen many people use jennys but with me being in the UK, cheaper to get stuff over here. Plus I'm impatient on delivery's lol

Yeah it's second hand from a mate of mine. Got this few typhons which my son is loving as holding up strong, and a little granite. All for £350 including battery's and a overland charger. I've had petrol baja and x2 nitro jatos.

Gone with electric this time round to save all the hassle. Saying that with pieces of parts around the living room.

I've seen many people use jennys but with me being in the UK, cheaper to get stuff over here. Plus I'm impatient on delivery's lol
:) I'm in the uk I just get most of my parts of ebay. have ordered things from jennys rc and had it in less than a week but that was years ago

:) I'm in the uk I just get most of my parts of ebay. have ordered things from jennys rc and had it in less than a week but that was years ago
Ah fair enough. I love modelsport and highly recommend their service

Back