Is this taboo?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So.....only got into the hobby this year. Started with a Big Rock. Made some suspension upgrades, bearings, fixed minor random failures. Absolutely love the thing. Have nothing but good things to say about my Arrma experience (and after my buddies breakages and looking closely at his Traxxas I stand by my position on Arrma).

I've got the bug and wanted to build a kit. I so so wish the TTLR came in a kit! would have made this an easy decision for me. I very much enjoy the build/rebuild process. After a lot of deliberation I've settled on an EB48 2.0 for my next rc for that reason. So I'm asking the forum if anyone is interest and/or if it is taboo for me to post a build of the EB. LMK your thoughts! The kit wont arrive for a week or so.

So.....only got into the hobby this year. Started with a Big Rock. Made some suspension upgrades, bearings, fixed minor random failures. Absolutely love the thing. Have nothing but good things to say about my Arrma experience (and after my buddies breakages and looking closely at his Traxxas I stand by my position on Arrma).

I've got the bug and wanted to build a kit. I so so wish the TTLR came in a kit! would have made this an easy decision for me. I very much enjoy the build/rebuild process. After a lot of deliberation I've settled on an EB48 2.0 for my next rc for that reason. So I'm asking the forum if anyone is interest and/or if it is taboo for me to post a build of the EB. LMK your thoughts! The kit wont arrive for a week or so.
It’s fine to post it, I have seen some Traxxas RC pics on here before.

I just finished building the EB 48.2 and absolutely love it. It was a fun build.👍
Tekno has their new forum ( kind of boring ) you can check out build threads there.
1639779905290.jpeg

1639780038874.jpeg

Last edited:

I am also on the Tekno forum there are a bunch of build threads over there

There will be a link to the Tekno forum at the bottom of the page

There is a good mix of bashers and hard core racers

No worries at all. As @Cheez mentioned, @WoodiE also runs teknoforums.com but it isn't as active as it is over here. I built up a TLRT earlier this year and just finished an EB48 2.0 build. The EB48 2.0 is a dream to build and the fit and finish are way better than the TLRT (those 2.0 diffs are awesome) but it does come at twice the cost. All set up, my TLRT comes in at about a pound more than my EB48 2.0:

EBTLRT-1.jpeg

EBTLRT-2.jpeg

EBTLRT-3.jpeg

EBTLRT-4.jpeg

Do post a build thread! My soft spot in rc is 1/8 buggies. They are tough and fast and handle and jump like nothing else set up right! I have a Tekno ET48 2.0 truggy to build this winter and I’ll do that one as a basher, I’m slowly collecting some M2C parts I want to include in the build. I’d like to document and share the build. I’d like to see how that buggy goes together for you. And my next 1/8 buggy might have to be a Tekno also. They are nice quality rc. The last buggy I built was a Kyosho MP9 TKi4 a couple years ago and it also was a smooth build and great quality. It’s tough as nails also considering it’s a kit race buggy. I’ve just updated it with a new Castle sensored setup and it’s ready for a bit of indoor racing fun we do
BFA703AE-9A4A-443B-A931-E0250D4812FB.png
EF47E991-B63A-4F0C-8BE1-AABC63F3E772.png
in the winter here. The Tekno definitely won’t disappoint you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back