Is this the end of Duratrax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
https://www.horizonhobby.com/horizon-hobby-bargain-bin/

1687625534632.png

what's interesting is I don't see any 1/5th scale tires listed

Btw in case anyone cares, Duratrax tires are just Louise Rc tires that are rebranded for the North American market.

Louise Rc MT Pioneer
1687639757416.png

Duratrax Lockup Mt.

1687639792406.png

Last edited:
Those do not appear to be rebranded Louise Rc tires at all. So I am assuming that is one of the new tires they will be releasing. And from the looks of things those are probably made by Proline Racing.
They appear to have the same removable hex as proline. I wonder if the same hex is compatible.

I'm feeling hesitation to jump on a set of these. Anyone else? The whole "once they're gone, they're gone!" is basically saying to me that if I buy a set of 4, and in two weeks from now one of them rips, I'll end up having three useless tires... :confused:

@dure16 , Thanks for the heads up.
I didn't need any more tires. But being a tire monger myself, I picked up 2 sets ( 8) of the 1/8 DTX Buggy tires. ( Punch C2's) So cheap. (y)
I have tons of tires spares here. Can't help myself. A sale on tires,, and I always buy more. It's definitely a problem of mine.:LOL:
^^^^
I'm feeling hesitation to jump on a set of these. Anyone else? The whole "once they're gone, they're gone!" is basically saying to me that if I buy a set of 4, and in two weeks from now one of them rips, I'll end up having three useless tires... :confused:

Thats why it is best to buy (8) tires, Especially at these prices.. Have spares to rotate in if you blow out one. How I fly.

Last edited:
This is why I've avoided duratrax almost entirely. I was even hesitant to get the wifey some for her XRT but surprisngly they've held up for her. I still don't think it would have went so well for me though but I'm happy to not have to buy proline tires for both of our rigs :ROFLMAO:

HH now owns PL, And DTX was just a direct competitor. DTX is owned by HH I believe, Or was it Tower?? Not sure.
I am sure HH needs to push PL now. Their bread and butter.
I am sure it cost HH a bundle to scoop up the PL brand. It was a good score IMHO. Not that I am any great fan of PL. I've probably spent thousands over 35 years with PL. I slowed down.
I wonder what will happen to Louise RC Tires?:unsure:
Are they still around in the EU and abroad.?
The Sister brand to DTX.

HH now owns PL, And DTX was just a direct competitor. DTX is owned by HH I believe, Or was it Tower?? Not sure.
I am sure HH needs to push PL now. Their bread and butter.
I am sure it cost HH a bundle to scoop up the PL brand. It was a good score IMHO. Not that I am any great fan of PL. I've probably spent thousands over 35 years with PL. I slowed down.
I wonder what will happen to Louise RC Tires?:unsure:
Are they still around in the EU and abroad.?
The Sister brand to DTX.
Duratrax was one of the many brands that HH purchased when they bought out Hobbico. Louise Rc is it's own entity, Durtrax was/is just a rebrand for them in the North American market, they will continue on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back