Is this the end of Duratrax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Thanks. I thought with Louise it was the other way around. (y) Thought Louise was the rebrand for abroad.

I had no idea duratrax was owned by HH

I had no idea duratrax was owned by HH
I'm honestly surprised that Horizon kept them around but I guess they are/were one of the bigger names in tires and Lexan paint in the US.

I'm honestly surprised that Horizon kept them around but I guess they are/were one of the bigger names in tires and Lexan paint in the US.
It’s smart to own both premium and budget brands in the same category. You bring in both types of consumers.

Car manufacturers are a great example of this.

Infiniti/Nissan
Lexus/Toyota
Lincoln/Ford
Acura/Honda
Cadillac/Chevy
And so on

Two things that Pro-line already make, pretty much makes Duratrax obsolete.!!
I'm no expert on things in the U.S but I'm guessing Pro-line is a better brand..🤔😉

Louise are awesome tires for the price. I'd never buy Pro-line for my short course trucks again. The same goes for bodies, Jconcepts are tougher in my experience. But that's the power of marketing... Not saying that PL stuff is bad, just way overpriced.

Louise are awesome tires for the price. I'd never buy Pro-line for my short course trucks again. The same goes for bodies, Jconcepts are tougher in my experience. But that's the power of marketing... Not saying that PL stuff is bad, just way overpriced.
I don't know of any tire as good as prolines when it comes to 1/5th scale. Price is expensive but worth it if I only have to buy once. Do you know of any companies that make tires as durable for cheaper? I would love to try them :cool:

I'm no expert on things in the U.S but I'm guessing Pro-line is a better brand..🤔😉

Proline doesn't make aerosol paint only airbrush paint. But yes Pro-line makes better tires, wheels are up for debate. And their bodies suck, I have not had a Proline body last more than 1 pack before it was cracked.
I don't know of any tire as good as prolines when it comes to 1/5th scale. Price is expensive but worth it if I only have to buy once. Do you know of any companies that make tires as durable for cheaper? I would love to try them :cool:
Not for 1/5th scale, but 1/10 JConcepts makes better tires than Proline, but they are more catered towards racing, crawling or scale monster trucks.

There is JConcepts. I'm not sure if they have any 5th scale stuff though. I'm pretty sure their tires go all the way up to 6th scale.

Jconcepts is worse than proline in my opinion. I recently bought the jconcepts landmines for my truggified typhons and I basically cracked every single hub on the first pack. As far as the 1/5th scale tires go it's not looking so good either. I watched a video from PnwRcMadness who is actually someone who stocks the tires in his shop and he cracked the hubs while using them on the XRT iirc. I was really disappointed because the new jconcept 1/5th scale tires actually look amazing but the hubs seem to crack the same as the smaller tires.

To make it even worse, I still haven't even been able to find the "replaceable" jconcept hubs in their own store. I would have probably yolo'd and bought the tires if I could have at least replaced the hubs when they crack.

Junk. I just tried dealing with Duratrax on a warranty and they laughed and couldn't care less. Bought some Lock-up X Belted X-Maxx tires last winter, ran them for 10 minutes on sand and one of the wheels split completely on the inside and 2 tires came halfway unglued. They said sorry they are discontinued now and you bought them 6 months ago, can't help you. So my $100+ tires that have been run for 10 minutes are useless.

Used to be way better IMHO. Cust service is a zero now IMHO. And you can't leave reviews on the PL site for their products.
They take them down, if you do leave one.

Last edited:
Used to be way better IMHO. Cust service is a zero now IMHO. And you can't leave reviews on the PL site for their products.
They take them down, if you do leave one.
This is interesting as I've heard multiple people claim proline has done right by them whenever there has been a problem. Thankfully I've never had to personally contact them as I've never had a problem with a proline tire to begin with but still 🤣.

PL also has Lexan paint now. For some years.

My guess is that Duratrax is doing away with the one piece wheels and opting for bolt on adapters as evidenced by the new Warthog release.. shame, no more Duratrax for me if that's the case. If Pork-line can't get it right for double the cost of Duratrax, no thanks. Hopefully Arrma keeps churning out what they've been making at least.
Looks like they are releasing new stuff, Bandito 2.0 right here:
https://www.rccaraction.com/duratra...monster-truck-tires-12mm-black-ripper-wheels/

I'm definitely getting some cheap crawler tires, not as crazy about the bashing tires.

Looks like Horizon is doing a lot of new stuff on tires, new Proline Goodyear slicks for the Infraction here:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...d-17mm-gunmetal-infraction-6s/PRO1023311.html
Yep, I was right, bolt on adapters..at least they got the name right on the wheels, rippers. Something tells me they'll be ripping apart even worses than Pork-lines.😔

Last edited:
Jconcepts.... (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back