Is this the message of DEATH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
Hobbymate D6 duo pro
IMG_0585.jpeg

Yeah Channel 2 is dead.
Been there with my early released D6 Duo also. Much mileage on it. I opened it up and no luck. I even tried updating the Firmware. No luck. Channel one will only work on yours now. Should at least. With mine it was channel 1 that went south. I first thought it was a bad lipo. Not. Your Channel 1 should still work. I have a suspicion that something overheated on that channel. Saw nothing burned on my D6 's PCB however.:unsure: And it is NOT the Internal power supply that went bad. I say probably the Balancing circuit failed. What I thought with mine. Have 2 of the D6's. One I retired and is now a single channel backup charger. I decided to go with the ISDT K2 Air, this time. The newest out there. The D6 model is getting old by now. But is a work horse when it does work.:giggle: I like having 2 dual channel chargers at the ready, for quick charging on a moment's bash notice. I need to go out with many packs. Within an hour if I can.

Last edited:
Hey at least you still got a Single Channel charger there.
It's Not 100% complete loss.(y);)
How I looked at it when my D6 Channel 1 went south. :unsure:

I guess I wont chance buying your Broken D6 from AMZ anymore!!!:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think I’m going to get sneaky and buy one on Amazon, send the janky one back as a return.😝
This recent review impressed me.... would be one I would try since be brother has a Traxxas and it is an open charger for all batteries. Fast!!!

This recent review impressed me.... would be one I would try since be brother has a Traxxas and it is an open charger for all batteries. Fast!!!

traxxas chargers are terrible, they give them for “free” at the expenses of hobbyshop when they have deals. They are terrible for non traxxas costumers and terrible for hobbyshops because they don't sell and when they sell they have to give them for free. I had one of those to charger max a 3s lipo. That crap costed me 50$. No lcd to tell you anything about the lipo only a few buttons an leds lights. basicly 0 information.i got a duo 4s 50 watt each charger for 70$.
The S6 gives much more bang for the buck. Some ideas
Whats happens if you plug a lipo instead of a resistor when you want to discharge a lipo quicker by mistake? Kaboom?

Last edited:
I have the Hota D6 Pro (same thing as yours) I got that message when I was plugging the lipo's directly into it. I unplugged the lipo and plugged in a balancing board that came with an old "HTRC dual Whatever" and it worked. Maybe that would work for you as well. I love my D6 pro, it's my 1st 'nice' charger and it balances batteries so much quicker than any other charger I've owned. Though I do miss my 15 minute fast charger I had in 1988 for my RC10. The batteries would come off that thing blazing hot but I didn't care lol.

traxxas chargers are terrible, they give them for “free” at the expenses of hobbyshop when they have deals. They are terrible for non traxxas costumers and terrible for hobbyshops because they don't sell and when they sell they have to give them for free. I had one of those to charger max a 3s lipo. That crap costed me 50$. No lcd to tell you anything about the lipo only a few buttons an leds lights. basicly 0 information.i got a duo 4s 50 watt each charger for 70$.

Whats happens if you plug a lipo instead of a resistor when you want to discharge a lipo quicker by mistake? Kaboom?

Haven’t had a single problem with my ez peak dual Traxxas charger. Charges 2 5000mah 3s PowerCell lipos in about 40 mins. I kno Traxxas products aren’t for everyone, but they work great. Lipos surprised me more than anything. Tons of punch and runtimes are great, I get around 35 mins a pack in my Slash 4x4 hcg.

Just my experience.
The S6 gives much more bang for the buck. Some ideas

I just recently bought the Hota S6, my first premium lipo charger. Boy, what a power house. And really well made for only $140. You wouldn’t be disappointed in the S6, I’m really glad I bought mine.

Quite familiar with this, Having 2 of them.
That indicates the death of One Channel. Is what it is.:(
But always double check the Balance leads of your Lipo and at the charger first to make sure it is in fact that the channel is DEAD. It happens.
One by one both chargers, a channel would just fail. Then the second one. I used the crap out of mine. Probably got 5+ years out my D6's. Got them when they first came out. It was considered popular at the time. Even on B/O for a while.
I moved onto the ISDT K2 AIr now. Can't say enough about it. Anything ISDT in general, is good stuff. I believe they are the OE for many other charger brands.
A much more modern smart screen charger. With similar power output. FWIW I always ran a separate PSU. (24v/ 400 watt)

I Disected my D6 's to see if a fuse could be replaced. There aren't any controlling the channels. So don't bother trying.
My major complaint if anything is that the Scroll wheel button gets all jacked up. Hard to move around the menu. I cleaned up that switch with Elect contact spray to no avail. That scroll wheel button is very cheap'ish. Wears out fast. Had this issue with both of my D6's.
It's Internal PSU is high end for sure, its claim to Fame, just, I would not recommend this charger to anyone anymore. It is considered old tech by now. Just me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back