Kraton Just Another Kraton 6S V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharkyZiff

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Been away from the RC game for 30 years.

Picked up a Kraton 6S V5 from @joostin420 for a great price.

Picked up a few goodies from Jennys RC and already installed:
-Spektrum DX3 TX with SR6200 RX
-Arrma Notorious side guards
-Arrma Notorious wheelie bar
-Backflip LP tires

More to come.

Cheers!

IMG_0599.jpeg
IMG_0605.jpeg
IMG_0601.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg

Next steps:
Add the following soon…
-Arrma EXB front bumper
-RPM front bumper / skid plate as rear bumper
-Arrma front and rear EXB chassis braces
-Arrma EXB servo mount and new servo once stock servo dies
-Dark Side Studios chassis protector
-Fast Eddy bearing kit once I really have to take apart
-RPM front and rear Arms if stockers break

Cheers!

IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_0604.jpeg

Last edited:
TWO sets of front bumpers?
The larger Arrma EXB bumper for the front and the smaller RPM bumper / skid plate to offer some protection in the back. I saw someone on YT with that set-up. I think he modified the RPM bumper a bit to fit on the rear of the vehicle. After a 30 year hiatus from the hobby, my driving is not up to par quite yet and I need the protection.

It is always better to use two jimmy hats!! 😜

Looks like a fun build right there!

The larger Arrma EXB bumper for the front and the smaller RPM bumper / skid plate to offer some protection in the back. I saw someone on YT with that set-up. I think he modified the RPM bumper a bit to fit on the rear of the vehicle. After a 30 year hiatus from the hobby, my driving is not up to par quite yet and I need the protection.

It is always better to use two jimmy hats!! 😜
Have you looked at the RPM wing mount? Better wing support, rear protection and a skid plate all attached in one unit, I have it on mine

Have you looked at the RPM wing mount? Better wing support, rear protection and a skid plate all attached in one unit, I have it on mine
Echoing this. You should order the RPM wing mount if you haven't already. The stock ones are trash and you'll just keep breaking them until you upgrade. I I soaked them in WD40 which someone told me makes them more pliable. Idk if that's true but they're real supple and I land on the wing at all kinds of god awful angles and in 18 months with the RPM wing mounts haven't broke one yet.

I might add that @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts are well liked. Perhaps the better choice over RPM mounts.
If you do use the RPM Nylon wing mounts, boil them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Don't even bother using WD40 on any pure Nylon. It is an RC Urban Myth. A placebo affect if anything.:giggle: I tried it all, even on the stocker plastic arms and wing mounts . It just makes it look shiny if anything. After boiling the RPM parts, let cool and install them. They stay way more flexible. What you need them to do for the prevalent impacts.
The chassis protector is just pretty for a short while. Not necessary. Personal taste.
Nice upgrades. You researched all well. Good picks.
Keep us updated.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back