Granite Just bought 3 Granite Voltage RCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaymer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Used to have Tamiya's in the 80s, but it's been 30 years and I got some questions.

What's the difference between the Granite and the Voltage? I got 3 of the 2wd Granite Voltage's for my kids for like $85 each.

I've heard of people running Lipo's in them. Is it just a plug and play or do I need to make changes? I want the longest run for the shortest charge. Speed isn't an issue.

Thanks. Looking forward to Xmas with the kids. Hopefully this turns them on to the hobby and we can do it together.
Screenshot_20191211-094619.png

I have one. Great truck. I bought before they made some changes. Mine came with li-ion cells looked like large double A. When I ran 6 of those and throttle trim on low I could get 30-60 min of run time. I hear when ran on a 2s Lipo it really wakes this truck up. The only upgrades I have done to mine was the tbone racing front bumper and rear bumper/wheelie bar. Wanted that because my 4 year old is taking this machine over and I got a granite 3s for Xmas ?. Other change was replacing stock oil in shocks with 30 up front and 40 in rear. Check out the voltage tab in posts for more good intel

You can put a 2s LiPo in the voltage without changing the esc, just make sure u change the jumper on the esc, if u don’t know how, ur manual will tell u. If your not worried abt speed then u could just stick with nimh battery and get on with a higher mah rating

The Granite Voltage is 2WD and the Granite Mega and BLX are 4WD. The Voltage and Mega are brushed motors and can take up to 2S (2 cells) Lipo. The BLX is brushless and can take up to 3S.

Thanks. Just watched a video. They pretty much make it dummy proof.

Ha! Looks like I'm not the only one who decided to pick a couple of these up.

Plenty fun on the stock NiMh batteries but would like to get a couple sets of the Li-Ion battery compartment contact strips (ARRMA removed the parts from the new revision.) Maybe someone with the old design who converted to LiPo would be willing to sell them to me?

IMG_20191214_171504923.jpg

Cheers!
--billyM

I just saw some on eBay. Just look up granite voltage li-ion. Looked like around $15-20. I run those batteries myself, not sure why discontinued. I do think the ec5 connection is good improvement though

Used to have Tamiya's in the 80s, but it's been 30 years and I got some questions.

What's the difference between the Granite and the Voltage? I got 3 of the 2wd Granite Voltage's for my kids for like $85 each.

I've heard of people running Lipo's in them. Is it just a plug and play or do I need to make changes? I want the longest run for the shortest charge. Speed isn't an issue.

Thanks. Looking forward to Xmas with the kids. Hopefully this turns them on to the hobby and we can do it together.View attachment 56942
Replying a little late to the game here. Like you, I was into RC in the late 80s and recently got back into it.
Sounds like a great deal you got on those trucks. It sounds like an opportunity to share a great hobby with the kids

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back