Senton Just got the parts for my Senton build and would appreciate some input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
As the title states, I ordered a bunch of parts from Jenny's to build up a Senton, starting out with a used Typhon to convert. I want it to be hard to control but very fast in a straight line.

I want to convert to 4x2 and would like suggestions for tires (mixed dead grass and dirt) to keep traction under acceleration. I feel like I've researched tires a ton since I entered the hobby, but still don't have a grasp on what does what well. The badlands have been outstanding on my Typhons and Granite but would love to switch it up. Proline Gladiators any good for this purpose?

Will a Vendetta motor (with an upgraded fan) do a good job of increasing acceleration and top speed versus the Typhon motor thats in it?

I'm guessing a 6s upgrade would be too much...but I do have the parts, but those are also earmarked for a Vendetta.

Because it will be hard to control, I am sure it will be flipping over...a lot. My Granite's body got really chewed up after only a few sessions, will the Senton body do the same? Should I consider a cage?

As the title states, I ordered a bunch of parts from Jenny's to build up a Senton, starting out with a used Typhon to convert. I want it to be hard to control but very fast in a straight line.

I want to convert to 4x2 and would like suggestions for tires (mixed dead grass and dirt) to keep traction under acceleration. I feel like I've researched tires a ton since I entered the hobby, but still don't have a grasp on what does what well. The badlands have been outstanding on my Typhons and Granite but would love to switch it up. Proline Gladiators any good for this purpose?

Will a Vendetta motor (with an upgraded fan) do a good job of increasing acceleration and top speed versus the Typhon motor thats in it?

I'm guessing a 6s upgrade would be too much...but I do have the parts, but those are also earmarked for a Vendetta.

Because it will be hard to control, I am sure it will be flipping over...a lot. My Granite's body got really chewed up after only a few sessions, will the Senton body do the same? Should I consider a cage?

Perhaps a Big Rock body..
You'll need some body skids to protect the body better.

Perhaps a Big Rock body..
You'll need some body skids to protect the body better.
I eventually ended buying an extra body off jennysrc, for each arrma car I owned. And use one body to run and another just for shelf display. I like having one body in stock form

The senton body tends to parachute quite a bit. If your looking to increase top speed, this body is going to be working against you. I converted my Senton to a typhon for this very reason. Proline trenchers seemed to do well on my Senton for both grass and dirt. A 6s upgrade from a 3s platform is going to be expensive. Imo, I would just buy a 6s vehicle. Everyone's different...just something to think about.

I’ve got a s6 you can buy! Roller or rtr. Lmk

lol...this may end my marriage, im listening

Sounds like your marriage is teetering on a knife's edge...

knife GIF

I’ll sell ya an rtr s6 for 500 😉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back