Just ordered my FAZON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the options sheet for the Fazon - HD parts are optional. Oh well.... whats weird is these 2mm thicker links are breaking on some big rocks ... Ive had no issues in that area anyway. Just ordered the Outcast for my son for xmas...

yep, I checked last night and they are not HD joints... not to happy I'm going to be calling tower tomorrow and letting them.know they messed up... maybe they will send me new HD joints...

yep, I checked last night and they are not HD joints... not to happy I'm going to be calling tower tomorrow and letting them.know they messed up... maybe they will send me new HD joints...
200$ WORTH? They really need to fix that.Thats a good idea bud - have fun out there today if ur running

it's about 90 dollars per axel and then the 2 center drive shafts at 90 a pop... it's a big deal and I have contacted them to the mistake and hopefully they do send me new ones. they are looking into the issue and will contact me in a few days.... either way I already like this more than my Nero. snowing most of the day today tomorrow I'm gonna get it out in the snow and play.

Why do you like it more than the Nero and pls be specific.... Do you really use the diff brain or just keep it on blast all the time. Im so pissed off I might exchange it for a Big Rock and just get the fazon shell. My Nero is non diff brain so Im very curious you thoughts hands on the Fazon....

it handles better, looks better, and I do use the diff brain I normally run with center locked and sometimes center and rear. should have put badlands on the Nero and tried it I guess...

Why do you like it more than the Nero and pls be specific.... Do you really use the diff brain or just keep it on blast all the time. Im so pissed off I might exchange it for a Big Rock and just get the fazon shell. My Nero is non diff brain so Im very curious you thoughts hands on the Fazon....

I will say that in the hour i played with my Big Rock, I found the diff brain useful getting Un-stuck or climbing over something. it's more than a novelty.

I will say that in the hour i played with my Big Rock, I found the diff brain useful getting Un-stuck or climbing over something. it's more than a novelty.
Got it. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Might send back and get big rock instead + fazon shell. I'm thinking the big rock shocks can be adjusted to lower it for cornering at speed. These HD links are kind of important - but maybe they will honor my request. I have bought Kraton V2, Senton, HPI Ken block and outcast in past like two months. If they send along the parts - great. If not - gonna exchange it for the big rock I'm thinking.

Got it. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Might send back and get big rock instead + fazon shell. I'm thinking the big rock shocks can be adjusted to lower it for cornering at speed. These HD links are kind of important - but maybe they will honor my request. I have bought Kraton V2, Senton, HPI Ken block and outcast in past like two months. If they send along the parts - great. If not - gonna exchange it for the big rock I'm thinking.

I did cross reference some part numbers. it's already been confirmed, but I'll reconfirm the Fazon doesn't have OE HD universals.

Also, digging around the parts lists, the shock pushrods and shock shafts and shock bodies are the same length. they also use the same shock spring. the parts list could be wrong. I could be wrong... but if not, you shouldn't need anything other than tires and wrenching to get that stance out of any nero chassis.

Been really thinking that my main thing was to experience the diff brain and I think that the BigRock will be my goto for the WinterTime and Rain Mud all weather tank. I can get the Fazon shell and also have the +$200 of HD UJs along as well. I can adjust the preloads and lower that bad boy. Will be our XMAXX but waayyyyyy faster...our Kraton V2 - Speed Demon on 6S 60c Brick. I just ordered my 2nd set of SMC racing 7200Mah 90c 11.1v along with Badlands. Should get Fazon any day now and will send back.

UNLESS they send His to me that is....doubtful but who knows - I hear they really do right by good customers..

Been really thinking that my main thing was to experience the diff brain and I think that the BigRock will be my goto for the WinterTime and Rain Mud all weather tank. I can get the Fazon shell and also have the +$200 of HD UJs along as well. I can adjust the preloads and lower that bad boy. Will be our XMAXX but waayyyyyy faster...our Kraton V2 - Speed Demon on 6S 60c Brick. I just ordered my 2nd set of SMC racing 7200Mah 90c 11.1v along with Badlands. Should get Fazon any day now and will send back.

UNLESS they send His to me that is....doubtful but who knows - I hear they really do right by good customers..

The body alone is what $60-80 plus the wheelie bar? you're not going to be that much ahead with returning the Fazon for a Big Rock, unless you want the big rock tires. when presented with both options side by side, you chose the Fazon for a reason.

If you can lower a Big Rock to Fazon stance, there isn't a reason you couldn't go the other way.
There is no garuantee you're going to break a Fazon u joint, and again I broke one on my Big Rock early into my second run.

It's your call, but you're not really too far out keeping the Fazon and just replacing the U-joints as they break. you might not ever need to upgrade all of them.

Havoc - How right you are - Ive never had an issue with a UJoint period and I can replace as needed. Ive already ordered a TBone front bumper and wheelie bar for NERO ( Tbone has nada for BigRock/Fazon or Outcast )so I will work it on the Fazon. Will definitely say bye bye to that wheelie bar and will hopefully keep that sick X bumper. I looked a bit further and realized that the options page with the Big Rock itself is actually for the Nero.so It lists the HD UJs as optional too....

For all we know - until Josh measures his or I hear from Tower that the fazon DOES have the HDs - who knows...All three are Neros so I will sleep on it. Raising and lowering it should be all the same and a shell is a shell.....

My Nero has Big Rock Shocks & wheels & tires. Threw em on this AM in fact - they are simply fantastic. I ordered Badlands this morning - they look really nice on Joshs Fazon man oh man. Reading through the threads - Im seeing a lot of UJ breaks with the big rock which is really confusing - possibly 2mm thicker but composite / cheaper materials? who knows - I will update as to their replay - I will probably call them if no hear by noon.

Havoc - How right you are - Ive never had an issue with a UJoint period...

I looked a bit further and realized that the options page with the Big Rock itself is actually for the Nero.so It lists the HD UJs as optional too....

For all we know - until Josh measures his or I hear from Tower that the fazon DOES have the HDs - who knows...All three are Neros so I will sleep on it. Raising and lowering it should be all the same and a shell is a shell.....

Reading through the threads - Im seeing a lot of UJ breaks with the big rock which is really confusing - possibly 2mm thicker but composite / cheaper materials? who knows - I will update as to their replay - I will probably call them if no hear by noon.

You have to look at the Big Rock/fazion parts list on the Arrma site. That's where I found the specific info. plus when I called to warranty mine Arrma did specify that the Big Rock units were HD.

In all honesty, it's possible the issue is with the Big Rock tires. they might just be big/heavy enough to tip the breaking point. or, I just got a bad one. I'm interested to see if the replacement HD units are any different than the one I broke. Plus I don't have any clue about quality control. A bad batch is possible.

Either way, I look forward to getting mine back on the road, so I can focus on my suspension R&D. I've got some ideas...

The exploded view for each vehicle confirms everything I've said. Very disappointing. Tower has some explaining to do this morning.

The parts numbers confirm. Only the big rock gets the HD UJ links

Well friends. I got my answer from tower on this. They are asking me to measure the UJs to confirm that they are 12mm vs 14mm I explained that the exploded view should confirm what parts come with the truck.

Hoping josh can measure his ... they seem to think it's not an error at all and if the tech notes say so - the fazon comes with the HD UJ joints. They will look into it. If they screw me on this - after ordering 4 trucks in the past two months - can't see me doing business down the road with them.

it handles better, looks better, and I do use the diff brain I normally run with center locked and sometimes center and rear. should have put badlands on the Nero and tried it I guess...
Hey bud - tower seems to really think the tech notes are right!! They asked me to pls measure the links to confirm.. only thing is - I don't have mine yet - supposed to come this week I think Wednesday. If you can - try to measure those links if you can ... if they are 14mm - great.

I told them I looked at the exploded view for the fazon and according to that - no HD UJs at all.

The tech notes might be right after all!!!

Hey bud - tower seems to really think the tech notes are right!! They asked me to pls measure the links to confirm.. only thing is - I don't have mine yet - supposed to come this week I think Wednesday. If you can - try to measure those links if you can ... if they are 14mm - great.

I told them I looked at the exploded view for the fazon and according to that - no HD UJs at all.

The tech notes might be right after all!!!
they just sent me an email and they are sending me the HD joints. only I messed up the count so I will be 2 short but I do not care I'm happy they are going to make it right... I spent thousands of dollars there this past year. arrma and tower have been amazing with the customer support they have provided me.

they just sent me an email and they are sending me the HD joints. only I messed up the count so I will be 2 short but I do not care I'm happy they are going to make it right... I spent thousands of dollars there this past year. arrma and tower have been amazing with the customer support they have provided me.
Hey that's great news. Very happy to hear that.since August I have ordered 5 trucks so I'm expecting the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back