Typhon Just ordered my typhon 3s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the plastic is different, the a arms are longer and that may have contributed to me catching my toes and causing it to roll. But I have cartwheeled, skateparked, thrash rolled, skidded, landed upside down (you get the picture) with both my granites and only one time have I broke an a-arm(skatepark). I am curious to see how well it does for Rich.
Here’s pics of where mine broke, shock caps seems to be common.
On the up side, order yourself a set of the 6s Typhon rear a-arms and mod them to fit. Check out Bills RC channel for the work around.

Thanks for sharing -I had the exact same break...did you get any response from horizon?

Thanks for sharing -I had the exact same break...did you get any response from horizon?
Not yet, I sent it directly to Arrma, I should have sent it to Horizon instead.
I am not too worried about it now that I have it back up and running.
I had good luck with making the 6s a-arms fit, but you have to be patient and make sure you get the measurements dead on or your rear wheels will show anything that is not cut correctly.

Not yet, I sent it directly to Arrma, I should have sent it to Horizon instead.
I am not too worried about it now that I have it back up and running.
I had good luck with making the 6s a-arms fit, but you have to be patient and make sure you get the measurements dead on or your rear wheels will show anything that is not cut correctly.

Any response from horizon/arrma? I got a response from horizon and was told that the manual is wrong and that that the buggy has the same arms as the senton/granite/bigrock? anyone have both models that they could compare? Thanks.

Any response from horizon/arrma? I got a response from horizon and was told that the manual is wrong and that that the buggy has the same arms as the senton/granite/bigrock? anyone have both models that they could compare? Thanks.
I got an email from HH yesterday along with a package at my doorstep when I got home. I opened the box to find a-arms for the arrma raider. I read back thru the emails and determined that someone was confused about what I was asking for. So I sent them an email back last night and got a response saying that the manual is wrong and that the rear arms are the same as the senton and granite. I have all three models and I will check on it tonight and let you know. I am pretty sure that the Typhon a-arms are longer than the others.

Thanks for the update - seems like horizon is having some issues getting to grips with the new arrma models :) Sure please share the pictures comparing the two - I will follow up with horizon again from my side as well. Hopefully either you or I will get a straight answer :)

Thanks for the update - seems like horizon is having some issues getting to grips with the new arrma models :) Sure please share the pictures comparing the two - I will follow up with horizon again from my side as well. Hopefully either you or I will get a straight answer :)

Right On! I will post them up when I get a chance tonight.

It’s not even close to the same as the granite

Attachments

• A-arms.JPG
    A-arms.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 56
here is the Typhon 3s compared to the Senton 3s. Still not the same no matter how you look at it.

Attachments

• A-arms1.JPG
    A-arms1.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 58
thanks, i used your photo to send them a reply - lets see what they say - can't believe there is so much confusion from their side regardig this...

just got a short reponse from Todd -
That part links for the front and rear that I have shared with you are the correct parts. No further clarifications are required. This was also confirmed true by our service technicians who make numerous repairs on said components. I have provide all of the information I am able to.

Not sure what to say/do from here.

They better fix their website too, because they list a different part number for the Typhon 3s as well

Same here - I also sent a seperate message again to the arrma email - hopefully they will know what they are talking about :) will keep you posted what they say

I think they will catch up if we give time. The Arrma Nation is probably bombarding them with questions about what parts work with what. After all we do like to kinda create our own rigs with the interchangeable parts ?. These guys didn’t design it, they are just tech support and the info flow probably hasn’t reached them 100% yet. They will get it together.

I will have to give Todd at HH a big (y) for attempting to communicate with me today. He called me and emailed me, but I could not respond in time. He stated they are working hard to determine what they missing and would like to have some more pictures of the Typhon. So I will be sending them some more pics.

I'll leave HH to their own devices for now. The blx185 for my Outcast went out so I replaced it with a HW150 like I always do. I called HH about it, Todd again - seriously Todd is either overworked or a doppelganger. He sent me out a new ESC after collecting some info. I got the package about a week ago & it was the blx100. I'll keep it. Thx Todd.

They finally listed the correct parts on horizon and tower - that match the number on the arrma website and manual but stock date is sometime in April (hopefully sooner!). But then I received an email from Todd insisting that the website and manual are still wrong and that he has sent me the granite arm for my inconvenience - I guess we will see but I'm giving up at this point. Arrma/horizon should never have released a car without having a basic part as a-arms in stock...

I will have to give Todd at HH a big (y) for attempting to communicate with me today. He called me and emailed me, but I could not respond in time. He stated they are working hard to determine what they missing and would like to have some more pictures of the Typhon. So I will be sending them some more pics.

Any updates from Todd? thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back