Notorious Just put in new sevrvo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALPHA Q

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Just put in a new savox servo but still not responsive enough has anyone got any better ones to buy for the arrma

Attachments

• 15887064538754536040067654739735.jpg
    15887064538754536040067654739735.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 52
Looks like you put it in backwards. Pivot point should be to the right no? I guess if it works it doesn't matter but just saying..

At 444oz/in and 0.14 transit speed I would make sure that your steering isn't binding somewhere and that your servo saver is working properly. Some of the servos savers are set too loose from the factory. I think @bicketybam has a video somewhere showing how to take it apart and tighten it up I'll see if I can find it for you.

Last edited:
At 444oz/in and 0.14 transit speed I would make sure that your steering isn't binding somewhere and that your servo saver is working properly. Some of the servos savers are set too loose from the factory @bicketybam has a video somewhere showing how to take it apart and tighten it up I'll see if I can find it for you.

Ok thanks

Here is what I would do. Turn the truck on and try using the radio to steer back and forth. Watch the two halves of the servo saver. If they separate when you turn, it’s too loose. Add some snap rings to the bottom to stiffen the spring.

Here is what I would do. Turn the truck on and try using the radio to steer back and forth. Watch the two halves of the servo saver. If they separate when you turn, it’s too loose. Add some snap rings to the bottom to stiffen the spring.
For some reason I thought it had to come apart thanks for clarifying that. I haven't messed with the new style servo saver and that was the only thing I could remember.

For some reason I thought it had to come apart thanks for clarifying that. I haven't messed with the new style servo saver and that was the only thing I could remember.
It’s not a super simple thing to do. You get the snap ring over the red hex on the bottom side of the servo saver and then use a socket to push the ring between the hex and the saver spring. I think most put two in there for good measure. Should be a permanent fix. ??

I should mention that I haven’t done this yet myself as I’m running Hoons on road only so mine doesn’t have this issue. But I did buy some snap rings and the tool for when I do need it.

Ok thanks just having a look at ordering some

Servo saver isn't tight enough on the v4(which starts to effect the steering massively) , it's a fixed item named the never loosen, 2019 part and can't be adjusted or tightened so the fix is to fit a V3 servo saver that can be tightened up, I know it sounds counter intuitive fitting an older part but as long as you check it after every run and re-tighten as necessary it's a much better for the steering ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back