Limitless Kaladeth's Limitless V2 - Technical Race Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Pink Two with the MMX8S and 1717 1650kV continues to experience this power and control shutdown issue:

There is a curious motor temp spike (a single 248.1oF data point) just before shutdown in Q0 @ 11:00 am. Is this a bug? There is no way temps jump up and down that quickly. Also, the ESC fan seems to kick in at 140oF (near the 5 minute time) but hardly makes any effect.

1716245282690.png

The same motor temp spike again just before shutdown in Q1 @ 11:45 am. No sign or effect that the ESC fan switched on here.

1716245442022.png

Red One with the XLX2 and 2028 1100kV has never seen this issue:

1716245821182.png

Until I figure this one out, will have to rely on Red One as my main.

So Pink Two with the MMX8S and 1717 1650kV continues to experience this power and control shutdown issue:

There is a curious motor temp spike (a single 248.1oF data point) just before shutdown in Q0 @ 11:00 am. Is this a bug? There is no way temps jump up and down that quickly. Also, the ESC fan seems to kick in at 140oF (near the 5 minute time) but hardly makes any effect.

View attachment 367592

The same motor temp spike again just before shutdown in Q1 @ 11:45 am. No sign or effect that the ESC fan switched on here.

View attachment 367593

Red One with the XLX2 and 2028 1100kV has never seen this issue:

View attachment 367594

Until I figure this one out, will have to rely on Red One as my main.

I've seen weird stuff from the data logs, but nothing quit that bad. I seriously doubt the motor temp jump up and down 100°F the span of 1 Second. It has to be an artifact of something. Could be a glitch from the ADCs. I know they are not terribly accurate or high speed. Maybe some sort of cross talk internal to the ESC or maybe a loose connection/solder joint inside the ESC.

Either way it's doesn't look right. I'm sure Castle is (not) all over it though.

Last edited:
Now that's more like it. Cooler ambient but this looks promising. Successful ten minute run. :whistle: Will keep testing.

Ambient: 57oF
Track: 75oF
ESC: 110oF
Motor: 140oF

1716655654469.png

The only change was installing an RCP 28 cfm fan on the ESC. I also did a switch delete on all three fans to increase reliability.

IMG_1112.JPEG

IMG_1115.JPEG

I saw your xray gtx 23 post and this crazy rear suspension geometry.

Since you have your custom front caster reducing mod (to make the car turn in better?). You could also try to raise the rear roll center with your rear camber links. Maybe not as aggressive as XRAY, but this should make the car rotate more around the corners. (If you still have too much understeer)
Screenshot 2024-06-03 112124.png

Race Weekend #6

Almost won today. Was building up an early lead in the first few laps, but a yellow flag reset the board. Shortly after the restart, I flipped the car and lost the lead. Subsequently crashed on one of the turns when pushing to catch the race leader. Fun race!

Fastest lap was 18.762! 🤩 🔥 🏎️

Gains were most likely from brand new tires, a new left rear suspension bearing, and cleaner corners. I feel like both cars are in a good spot right now. The carbon fiber front splitter (thank you Scorched!) took several direct hits… no problemo.

I might try a little toe out next practice. But this is all about clean lines and consistency now.

Had to do an emergency repair between Q1 and Q2. No exact spare available so I repurposed a right rear suspension arm, as a left rear suspension arm. 💪

IMG_1180.jpeg

Side note: the MCD 1/5th scale class had 11 racers on the track for the main!

Back