Kraton Keep blowing servos within minutes of turning it on. Not even jumping it. Please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa_fullsend

Full send or no send ??
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Okay, i’m having servo issues. Before anyone asks, yes my end points are set correctly, when the servo horn is not connected to a servo it turns back and forth freely and smoothly, my ESC is set at 6V, factory settings. A while back when I built my Kraton I had a Savox 1210 SG and it ran great. One day, 2 months later I landed really bad on the front right tire and it stripped some teeth in the servo so I swapped to an extra servo I had, ds3225, and that one went bad in the same day, not from any bad landings or any crashes Tho... I thought it odd but maybe just a fluke. since then every servo I have put in has stripped out, or burned out, or whatever happens, within minutes of driving it. The last three servos, DS3225, I have not even been jumping, it just driving it up and down a parking lot to try and figure out what is going on. Could my receiver be bad and overloading it? Could my ESC be messed up or something? I literally have no idea what’s going on but this is getting ridiculous, and expensive with all the servos. Spectrum firma 160 amp ESC, aluminum servo mount, hot racing horn, Futaba receiver. Unfortunately it won’t let me post a little video I just took while running but I do have it if anyone needs to see to help me determine what is going on. Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Are you definitely positively sure it's not set at 8.4V?

edit: the receiver uses power from the ESCs BEC, same as the servo, so it can't overload the servo with voltage, though I guess it could be sending a faulty oscillating signal that kills the servo. If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage your esc feeds to the Rx and servo first.

Last edited:
You have to post to YouTube then link the video here (with link chain above).....sorry I have no other advice regarding your servo, I’m new.
cheers,
kev

Measure the voltage from the ESC, my guess is also that you have the wrong setting or the ESC is supplying the incorrect voltage to your servo/receiver.
Receivers are typically more tolerant, Servo's are not.
In addition, check your servo saver, this shouldn't be an issue if you were just driving.

Are you definitely positively sure it's not set at 8.4V?

edit: the receiver uses power from the ESCs BEC, same as the servo, so it can't overload the servo with voltage, though I guess it could be sending a faulty oscillating signal that kills the servo. If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage your esc feeds to the Rx and servo first.

well I did the reset to factory settings thing so I’m pretty sure it’s set to 6v, I guess it’s possible it’s not? I’ll have to get a multimeter cause I don’t own one. Where would I check? The esc plug that would go into the receiver?

Measure the voltage from the ESC, my guess is also that you have the wrong setting or the ESC is supplying the incorrect voltage to your servo/receiver.
Receivers are typically more tolerant, Servo's are not.
In addition, check your servo saver, this shouldn't be an issue if you were just driving.

Yeah I guess maybe that’s the case but I definitely did a factory reset on the programming settings so it should be at 6. I’ll have to get a multimeter to check. Yeah my servo saver should be okay I’m running the hot racing bell crank and have one extra shim in there. Every thing moves as it should when not hooked up to a servo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back