Kraton Kraton 4s Driveshafts/Driveline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OfferRuno

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey all my kraton 4s is my first arrma and recently about 3-4 times ive been popping the front driveshafts out of the little hub that connects to the wheel, its super annoying and im regretting my purchase, I just need help in general with my kraton. thank you

Yeah that seems to be a problem in general. Hopefully others with the K4x4 will chime in. There are threads discussing this here upgrades etc.. Do a search. Its there.

I've only done that when I wrecked pretty good. Next time it happens I'm getting CVDs.

Edit: just realized they are still pre-order only.

Last edited:
I was popping rear U-joints on my O4S until I sorted out my slipper issues, never happened on the front. Once it pops it's done, have to buy new axles. Maybe happened from impact the first time and won't happen again. The Arrma CVD axles for 4s are not available yet, and the HR metal ones get bad reviews, and they would be heavy, and quite expensive at $70/pair.

I think mines too tight, I’m going to back it up one half because people were saying if I do the driveshafts won’t pop at all
Maybe 1/4 turn from tight
I’ll try that and see if it’s easier to control and I don’t pop my damn shafts cause mine are all the way

Maybe 1/4 turn from tight
That’s no longer thought of as an accurate way to set the slipper, 1/4 turn out. Even so, that’s probably a little tight. Also, to use this method you have to completely smash the spring to find bottom and you risk breaking the brass bushing out of the front hub in the process.

My slipper was missing a pad from factory. Once I put it together with all new parts I did 1 turn out and it was going great. After a few runs I tightened it to 1/2 turn to get the wheelie/flip action I wanted. After quite a few more runs it just seems to slip no matter what. I took some advice; take it apart, clean everything with alcohol, scuff the composite pads with fine sandpaper and re-assemble. After that it was a flippin beast like new again at 1/2 turn (add loctite on center screw).

My slipper was missing a pad from factory. Once I put it together with all new parts I did 1 turn out and it was going great. After a few runs I tightened it to 1/2 turn to get the wheelie/flip action I wanted. After quite a few more runs it just seems to slip no matter what. I took some advice; take it apart, clean everything with alcohol, scuff the composite pads with fine sandpaper and re-assemble. After that it was a flippin beast like new again at 1/2 turn (add loctite on center screw).
At this point I really don’t know what to do, I just don’t want to pop my driveshafts every time I hit a jump it’s super annoying and I’m sorry

Ima just loosen it maybe 1/4 or 1/2 a turn so I can tone it down a bit and get to know the car more and break no parts
Ok that’s what I used to do and still had issues. I was trying to save you time is all. Good luck. ??

At this point I really don’t know what to do, I just don’t want to pop my driveshafts every time I hit a jump it’s super annoying and I’m sorry

Also, make sure you're not holding the throttle when you land.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back