Kraton Kraton 4s pinion gear change to 15 T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you like the 15T pinion? I have one waiting to go on after I am done messing around with speed runs on a 20T.
More torque more top speed and faster backflips. I think 15t is the limit you hit near 60mph on 15t. I will never go back. I feel the truck is less stressed on 15t too because it pulls wheelies easily vs 13 who is a struggle sometimes. You can even run a loose slipper clutch(i mesn loose in the sense it wont wheelie on 13t much) and able to wheelie with ease.

More torque more top speed and faster backflips. I think 15t is the limit you hit near 60mph on 15t. I will never go back. I feel the truck is less stressed on 15t too because it pulls wheelies easily vs 13 who is a struggle sometimes. You can even run a loose slipper clutch(i mesn loose in the sense it wont wheelie on 13t much) and able to wheelie with ease.
I experienced the same 15T is much quicker and wheelies are easier?
Nah, get a rubber hammer and start bashing it flat. And that spur is very wobbly! :LOL: I think you found the issues!
Now thing is yeah maybe i will manage to get the motorplate flat again but the wobble of the spur gear makes me have a headache, because it is really not my fault that its wrong produced and the car is only 2 months old , and I don't want to buy a new spur gear. Should I try to use my warranty ?

Last edited:
I experienced the same 15T is much quicker and wheelies are easier?

Now thing is yeah maybe i will manage to get the motorplate flat again but the wobble of the spur gear makes me have a headache, because it is really not my fault that its wrong produced and the car is only 2 months old , and I don't want to buy a new spur gear. Should I try to use my warranty ?
Get the arrma differential shims who are from the crown gear side of the 3-4s diffs use them on the bearings of the spur gear and it will stop the spur from moving too much

Did you manage to hammer your motor plate flat? I noticed my car was making a similar sound, but slightly less pronounced. I just disassembled everything while changing the pinion, and sure enough the plate is bowed out about 1mm in the middle.

Did you manage to hammer your motor plate flat? I noticed my car was making a similar sound, but slightly less pronounced. I just disassembled everything while changing the pinion, and sure enough the plate is bowed out about 1mm in the middle.
Yes my plate is straight again ,the quetion is how long that will be the case but my main Problem was my wobbling spur gear, i sent it back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back