Kraton Kraton 4s set low voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryktn

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
New member so hello all ?

I'm pretty new to all this... I have just bought a kraton 4s with a BLX120 esc but it cuts off at 3.80v and I want it at around 3.50v if possible? I have been told there is no way of doing this and the manual is pretty vague, someone has mentioned running it in NiMH mode and having a seperate low voltage alarm but I cant even find out how to do this and is it advisable? The manual says number 1 on the esc is the low voltage setting but no way of changing it?

Any help please as the 5000mah I have on it does not last very long at all.
20200320_233808.jpg

New member so hello all ?

I'm pretty new to all this... I have just bought a kraton 4s with a BLX120 esc but it cuts off at 3.80v and I want it at around 3.50v if possible? I have been told there is no way of doing this and the manual is pretty vague, someone has mentioned running it in NiMH mode and having a seperate low voltage alarm but I cant even find out how to do this and is it advisable? The manual says number 1 on the esc is the low voltage setting but no way of changing it?

Any help please as the 5000mah I have on it does not last very long at all.
View attachment 70821
Looks like they took NiMH mode away on the BLX120 as well. They did this to the BLX185 after V2. You’re only option is to get an aftermarket ESC, like a Castle or Hobbywing.

Ok cheers... any recommendations please as like I say im pretty clueless and wouldn't know where to start for a new esc

you stated the battery doesn't last long, how long does it last? what is the c rating on the battery?

My Kraton is stock and I have a 5000mah 50C Lipo, the last time I took it out on gravel and grass, on and off it lasted me 45 minutes before it cut out on me. I think the stock cut off point is not bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back