Typhon Hello I'm new and have a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaelfisher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
rc help.jpg

Hi everyone I just got this typhon for Christmas and I'm absolutely loving it! But today when I took my body off I noticed this. Did it burn itself out and how do I fix it. Thank you!

rc help 1.jpg

Looks like you nicked the ground wire too

rc help 1~2.jpg

Not sure how it happened ,but maybe contact HH and see if they will cover it under warranty.

That’s goes to a cap pack that does nothing on the Typhon as it’s already a light weight RC. You can tape off the wires, but it’s a common thing on the Typhon due to the lower body and proximity to the servo horn. You can even cut off the tiny black wire and the zip ties and remove the cap pack entirely.

Looks like you nicked the ground wire too

View attachment 340472

Not sure how it happened ,but maybe contact HH and see if they will cover it under warranty.
Depends who he gets, but they don’t usually cover damage. That’s the wire that goes to the Smart Connector on the Spektrum systems. The stock Typhon radio does’t make use of the wire, unless it’s been updated to the DX3.

That’s goes to a cap pack that does nothing on the Typhon as it’s already a light weight RC. You can tape off the wires, but it’s a common thing on the Typhon due to the lower body and proximity to the servo horn. You can even cut off the tiny black wire and the zip ties and remove the cap pack entirely.
Interesting. That sounds like the easiest solution lol. Thank you.
Depends who he gets, but they don’t usually cover damage. That’s the wire that goes to the Smart Connector on the Spektrum systems. The stock Typhon radio does’t make use of the wire, unless it’s been updated to the DX3.
It has not been updated it's still stock.

I just added new typhon to my collection and wire management seems to be something that needs to be addressed, I don't like routing of power wires with relation to servo horn. I've only run a couple of packs though it so far, but fixing the wiring is going to be the second mod getting rid of stock body clips was first LOL

I just added new typhon to my collection and wire management seems to be something that needs to be addressed, I don't like routing of power wires with relation to servo horn. I've only run a couple of packs though it so far, but fixing the wiring is going to be the second mod getting rid of stock body clips was first LOL
What's a better clip option? Does it make them easier to pull on and off? Yeah that will maybe be a future mod for me as well when I get more familiar with RCs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back