Kraton 6s exb - looking for tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
So I have a Kraton 6s EXB. I've got a set of 3.8" - 17mm monster truck wheels. I'd like to try a tire other than the stock ones. I would like something to run on dirt, short grass. Outside dimension around 6-6 3/4" and 3-3 3/4" wide. I really appreciate any recommendations that you provide. Thanks.

LP backflips or 3.8 badlands with 0 offset are the most dynamic 6S truggy tire IMO.

The peanut gallery will have many opinions however.
This ⬆️ and also the Corally tires on JRC are good on dirt and short grass. Much lighter and cheaper than the others mentioned.
Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 5.46.25 PM.png

Haven’t had them all, but pretty close. Balancing any truggy tire is extremely important along with proper venting.

1683930218321.jpeg

Fireteam is another solid performer, I found them weak in traction/grip due to the narrower width directional AT tread(65mm) compared the 77mm dirt bike style lugs on the BL/BFs.

They are taller however, and recommend 6S backflips for more centrifugal force stuntage on XLWB chassis.

Fireteam is another solid performer, I found them weak in traction/grip due to the narrower width AT tread(65mm) compared the 77mm dirt bike style lugs on the BL/BFs.
Yes but they last longer and don’t rip or tear and keep the car planted rather than traction rolling

Yes but they last longer and don’t rip or tear and keep the car planted rather than traction rolling

On a kraton or fireteam? Have you tried 6S backflips, I ended up going kraton hubs on my fireteam configuration to clear the steering links.

On a kraton or fireteam? Have you tried 6S backflips, I ended up going kraton hubs on my fireteam configuration to clear the steering links.
Fire team tires on Kraton 6s and I have tried the backflips the rip on gravel and jumps

Probably weren’t vented or balanced properly, the newest LPs come tire vented and wheel sealed. They just broke my 0-60mph time record but I’m trying to do it under 200feet now.

Probably weren’t vented or balanced properly, the newest LPs come tire vented and wheel sealed. They just broke my 0-60mph time record but I’m trying to do it under 200feet now.
They were vented all my tires are, surprised that there holding up at that speed

Agree. FT tires are the uglies to me, but damn, they perform and hook up well for me on the dirt track/farm I use them at, as well as the park. Solid performers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back