Kraton Kraton 6s v5 punch 5 flipping on its head and wheelie bar issues and snaking in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's grindy/notchy, then you probably didn't mesh the teeth on the gears properly.
I put it in the wrong way round lol good job I didn't run it.....I would have had a lot more problems ...however the servo saver is next ....before and after....

20230928_223635.jpg

16959380135651788620082681353464.jpg

20230928_223635.jpg
20230928_235413.jpg

Last edited:
Don't tighten it completely.

Well, then you're going to have to decide who is right and who is not.
I guess when I get my Servo tomorrow I will loosen it up a few turns ....turning in for the night tonight....r u the youtuber razorrc?

I guess when I get my Servo tomorrow I will loosen it up a few turns ....turning in for the night tonight....r u the youtuber razorrc?

One and the same. Or a really good imposter! :giggle:

One and the same. Or a really good imposter! :giggle:
Hahah nice to meet you if you are...been using your videos to learn what iv been doing on the kraton....clearly not enough in relation to the ss haha
Hahah nice to meet you if you are...been using your videos to learn what iv been doing on the kraton....clearly not enough in relation to the ss haha
Also quick question the two flat bolts that are on top flat steering arm should they be fully tightened as on my vehicle they were kinda loose...

Last edited:
I was told to tighten it completely !!!! @SrC
No I did not say to lock it like that. I said I like mine on the "tighter side" That's all. Not Locked up tight completely, or it will just split/crack the SS V notch. Ask me how I know. Need to see some space between the Spring coils. Loosen it a bit. That is the firmest X-Hard spring , so it can be loosend a bit for sure. Let that spring do some of the work. Check the SS action by hand for some rebound.
Nice adjustable Servo saver. I still run these on 3 of my 6s rigs. Make sure you did use a bit of Blue TL on the Adjuster nut threads. So it won't loosen up on its own.

I think @razorrc knows me better than that.:giggle:

Last edited:
No I did not say to lock it like that. I said I like mine on the "tighter side" That's all. Not Locked up completely, or it will just split the SS V notch. Ask me how I know. Need to see some space between the Spring coils. Loosen it a bit. That is the firmest X-Hard spring , so it can be loosend a bit for sure. Let that spring do some of the work. Check the SS action by hand for some rebound.
Nice adjustable Servo saver. I still run these on 3 of my 6s rigs. Make sure you did use a bit of Blue TL on the Adjuster nut threads. So it won't loosen up on its own.
Hey @SrC maybe I got confused with the earlier posts then I dunno ...when you said bottomed out and I said tighten until it don't tighten no more got it....oh well I guess I need to get into it and loosen it before it trashes the new servo....you know I was actually thinking in the back of my mind that it's unbelievably tight literally no give lol I guess it would be good for flat surface until I hit a pothole or something hahah

What I described was when assembling the stocker "Fixed" servo saver. That one gets bottomed out till tight. And the SS spring tension preload is "Fixed".
You have the "Adjustable" one.
Sorry for this confusion. Great that you showed pix here.(y)
Just loosen it some.
Of course @razorrc is correct.

Last edited:
What I described was when assembling the "Fixed" servo saver. That one gets bottomed out till tight. And the SS spring tension preload is "Fixed".
You have the "Adjustable" one.
Sorry for this confusion. Great that you showed pix here.(y)
Just loosen it some.
Of course @razorrc is correct.
Also the bearings for the top and bottom of the bellcrank you mentioned...I should use rubber shielded 6x10x3??

6x10x3mm (y)

However it is best to buy the whole set of 22 replacement BB's which is more practical. Because it will also include these 6x10x3mm BB's in the kit. You will need spare BB's anyway. Trust me, way Cheaper to buy as a whole set. Shop them separately and you will see what I mean.

Jims Bearings , TRBRC or FastEddy has them. They are pretty much all the same quality
Below is a decent price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RWPSWY...-and-games&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw

https://www.amazon.com/stores/TRBRC/page/EB86A44B-9441-4745-B081-20BE2B43E5D6?ref_=ast_bln

Edited.

Last edited:
6x10x3mm (y)

However it is best to buy the whole set of 22 replacement BB's which is more practical. Because it will also include these 6x10x3mm BB's in the kit. You will need spare BB's anyway. Trust me, way Cheaper to buy as a whole set. Shop them separately and you will see what I mean.

Jims Bearings , TRBRC or FastEddy has them. They are pretty much all the same quality
Below is a decent price.

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Compatible-Kraton-Talion-Typhon/dp/B086QF65SS/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2QXHN8NENUK40&keywords=Arrma+trbrc+Ball+bearings&qid=1695971972&sprefix=arrma+trbrc+ball+bearings,aps,164&sr=8-

6x10x3mm (y)

Below is a decent price.

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Compatible-Kraton-Talion-Typhon/dp/B086QF65SS/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2QXHN8NENUK40&keywords=Arrma+trbrc+Ball+bearings&qid=1695971972&sprefix=arrma+trbrc+ball+bearings,aps,164&sr=8-9
Haha I'm in the UK however I found these ....

Screenshot_20230929_082940_Chrome.jpg

There you go. (y)
Yeah as long as the kit has 22 pieces, the 4 Steering BB's are in there. (y) Sometimes there are only 18 BB's in some 6s Arrma BB kits . Watch what you buy.

I forgot, you're across the pond.
Sorry.:LOL:

I think iv done it right servo horn is awfully close to the servo but still clears it.....spring has some slack now too ...diffs at 60/500/30 car runs in the living room and turns a lot better even on the carpet standing more so than the spektrum stock servo....and this servo is a 20 quid cheapo 35kg injora!!! Gonna run in outside soon and see how the set up fairs !!!

Oh yes also done the 4 bearing changes for the brass bushes on the bellcranks changed to the yeah racing ones.

My little vorteks feels left out in the back there.....
20230929_130017.jpg

20230929_125948.jpg

So I took the kraton out ..although it seems to hold power down better my turning circle is still not where I need it to be its like reduced the wideness by about 30 percent is there anything I can do to get the turning circle tighter ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back