Kraton Kraton 6s v5 punch 5 flipping on its head and wheelie bar issues and snaking in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you mention it, it does seem like they got more reasonable with the use of threadlock in recent times.
I had one saver that was literally caked in threadlock, like someone just dipped the whole assembly in it. :eek:

Good luck (y)
Yeah I used heat first and all, sockets.... The whole thing just cracked in half.:LOL:
So now I just shim the SS Spring with Circlips. One or 2 depending on the rig and Type SS spring in hand.
JennysRC has the whole Steering assembly rack , and the FT and TLRT Typhon ones come with the X-Hard SS Chrome spring already installed. One other option. I still find myself using one Circlip even with the X-Hard spring, i.e. the Heavier FT.

Last edited:
Using the V3 Adjustable SS is always a great option. And probably the better choice. Funny how now it is an Option part, still available, when it was originally an OE part many years ago.
>>>However, you need to put some Blue Threadlocker on the Adjuster Nut threads. Arrma went to the Fixed design because there were many complaints of that SS Adjuster Nut backing off often, Loosening, and you lose steering, SS became way loose from bashing. Blue TL solves this. At least for me with my older 6s Arrma's. Upgrade Brand SS's always have adjustability. Any decent model should. Fixed SS's can be hard to get it just right where you want it. Needing a different spring altogether along with shimming them.

Last edited:
So too the kraton out today and turning circle was still kind of wide I then decided to do the endpoints whilst car was sitting on the floor and it sorted it out!!!! Weird right maybe someone could confirm whether it's a weak servo because I sorted the servo saver out so I'm not sure also does anyone have any input on a decent fix for the steering link as the washers I had to level the link out came undone and I lost all the washers (felt like sonic) and screw and bolt holding it together

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back