Kraton Kraton 6s vs. 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Don't know if this is the right section to ask this in , but would like feedback on comparing the Kraton 6s vs. the 4s version .
As I'm always thinking about my next Arrma to get , I'm still not in the mood for an on road car or stunt truck so the Kraton is my next venue . I have all 6s rigs ,already have the V4 Typhon,Talion,V3 Senton , and Mojave .
So with that said , I was looking at what the Kraton 4s is for $399 , but how good/durable is it ? Diffs,shocks,motor,esc,etc.... Because if I skimp and get it and it turns into a constant fix it , I'll wish I had gotten the 6s Kraton .
I just started running 4s batteries in my Typhon and Talion , the run time is very long ( 8000mah , 100c ) , and they surprisingly are still quick ( 16t pinions and punch at 7 ) . So I have 4s batteries on hand if I chose to get the 4s Kraton .
As far as this next Arrma release , I almost already can predict it's not gonna be for me ( I already have a big MT , 8s Xmaxx ) and don't use it s much as the 1/10 Arrmas .
But , I will still wait and see what exactly it is, LOL . Thanks guys .

Don't know if this is the right section to ask this in , but would like feedback on comparing the Kraton 6s vs. the 4s version .
As I'm always thinking about my next Arrma to get , I'm still not in the mood for an on road car or stunt truck so the Kraton is my next venue . I have all 6s rigs ,already have the V4 Typhon,Talion,V3 Senton , and Mojave .
So with that said , I was looking at what the Kraton 4s is for $399 , but how good/durable is it ? Diffs,shocks,motor,esc,etc.... Because if I skimp and get it and it turns into a constant fix it , I'll wish I had gotten the 6s Kraton .
I just started running 4s batteries in my Typhon and Talion , the run time is very long ( 8000mah , 100c ) , and they surprisingly are still quick ( 16t pinions and punch at 7 ) . So I have 4s batteries on hand if I chose to get the 4s Kraton .
As far as this next Arrma release , I almost already can predict it's not gonna be for me ( I already have a big MT , 8s Xmaxx ) and don't use it s much as the 1/10 Arrmas .
I only broke 2 arms and one chassi by my own mistakes. Killed a few diffs because of a few mishap(wrong grease,sun gear nit fully inside the rear hub of the sliper clutch.) I know people who bash harder who have no diff issues or motor plate bending. I ahve bended a few times my motor mount because i keep nose landing on concrete like a nob. Just sharing my experience so far
Get the blx motor mount from arrma and it should fix this issue in most cases don't get the hot racing one its junk if you ask me bended more easily than the casted one stock from arrma
But honestly the 6s kraton is a better platform but might need a few upgrades same for the 4s kraton

Since you already have all them 6s rigs, I'd say get the 6s Kraton. You have experience with them and the parts cross reference is a big plus. You may save a couple bucks by going with the 4s, but in the long run end up disappointed.

I agree with @arrmadillo given that have you have other 6s vehicles and how many parts are shared between them...
It would be better in the end to have your next purchase be one where parts interchange with the RCs you have.

I don't own a 4s but hear good things about them.

-Liberty

I wouldn’t buy the 4S unless you specifically needed a smaller rig. In that case, one could convince you a modded Granite would be a better, smaller rig.

I wouldn’t buy the 4S unless you specifically needed a smaller rig. In that case, one could convince you a modded Granite would be a better, smaller rig.
From what he described he wanted I think the BRCC would be a better fit for his needs, the longer wheelbase helps keep it less stunty like an Outcast would be.

I agree with arrmadillo as well. Might as well go 6s kraton since you’ve got others. Plus I’ve got experience with both Kratons and I’d say 6s every time. Don’t get me wrong the 4s kraton is a great rig, I beat the crap out of it and it impressed me. But I popped way to many driveshafts it got annoying. Never really broke anything else tho, a shock end one time but that’s about it. But the 6s is just on another level, and way more durable. Just knowing there’s a bigger faster tougher version of the 4s will leave you wanting, if you go 4s. Trust me lol

Most of my 4S problems have been the arms. I haven’t had a single driveshaft issues, except for the center one breaking on hard impacts.

Being as you already have the 6s rigs you have, for parts compatibility and the risk of future disappointment i would go with the 6s kraton (on 4s :D ) durability being the biggest sway point i suppose, unless as others have said where you bash decides for you the need for a smaller rig (y)

Thanks a lot guys , bunch of valid points, part interchange/can run 4s in it/reputation for being durable .My gut was telling me that also ( get the 6s ) . It wasn't about the diff in money , just thinking something different . I'm sure the 4s is great,fun to drive like all Arrmas, but yeah I'll go with the Kraton 6s , but want to see what this new release is first .

Thanks a lot guys , bunch of valid points, part interchange/can run 4s in it/reputation for being durable .My gut was telling me that also ( get the 6s ) . It wasn't about the diff in money , just thinking something different . I'm sure the 4s is great,fun to drive like all Arrmas, but yeah I'll go with the Kraton 6s , but want to see what this new release is first .
You can always get a 4s truck in the future. I love the little 10 scale trucks, they're so easy to run and fun. I have both 4s trucks and Granite blx, I charge a lipo, open the front door and let them rip, something easier to do than a 6s missile.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back