Kraton 8s steering bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Standaman

Reaction score
The steering on my Kraton 8s is binding and not returning to center. I going to replace the servo and I have been trying find out if bearing can be installed in the servo saver? It looks like they might be bushings and I want to replace with bearings instead. Anyone know what size bearing I would need?

Assuming I'm looking at the right diagram, it has a bearing.
1686267205235.png

1686267438916.png

However, if it's binding adding a bearing probably won't fix the issue. Figure out what is binding and fix that. There are a dozen things it could be, bent tie rods, dirt in the system pillow balls too tight, broken spring, worn or broken plastic parts, something is loose or misaligned, ... All of these fixes are much cheaper, if not free and easier than swapping a bearing for a bushing.

View attachment 304588
View attachment 304590

However, if it's binding adding a bearing probably won't fix the issue. Figure out what is binding and fix that. There are a dozen things it could be, bent tie rods, dirt in the system pillow balls too tight, broken spring, worn or broken plastic parts, something is loose or misaligned, ... All of these fixes are much cheaper, if not free and easier than swapping a bearing for a bushing.
View attachment 304588
View attachment 304590

Thank you so much for the diagram and information. I’ve been searching for a diagram like that and have not been able to find one. I appreciate your help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back