Kraton 8S vs. X-Maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariog7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello, All. I have an X-Maxx, but found an opportunity to buy a K8S with 1100kv Castle setup at a bargain. Only for those of you that have driven both, may I please ask your feedback or comparison on your experience between X-Maxx / K8S? Not asking which is “better”, but what are the pros and cons you have experienced, please.

Thanks!

Hello, All. I have an X-Maxx, but found an opportunity to buy a K8S with 1100kv Castle setup at a bargain. Only for those of you that have driven both, may I please ask your feedback or comparison on your experience between X-Maxx / K8S? Not asking which is “better”, but what are the pros and cons you have experienced, please.

Thanks!
If you like stunts and backflips etc, Xmaxx is for you.

If you like a planted car the jumps well and is very stable on the ground at speed, Kraton 8s is for you.

Kraton 8s RTR weak spots I have found are A-arms (Get RPM arms all around), Driveshafts and turnbuckle tend to push in easily.

Rob66 sums it up pretty accurately !!! I have both , either one I take out puts a smile on my face although I haven't been using them lately . The only time I used the Xmaxx this year was at my LHS raceway for their first " bash fest " , what a blast !!!! Will ad there was about 10 Xmaxx and 1 K8S for big scale trucks .
So yes , the K8S is more planted and without doubt flies thru the air easier and better ( I don't do backflips with mine ) . The Xmaxx with paddle tires on it is better in the snow , if you have snow where you live . I can drive my Xmaxx fast and with control , and if I want wheelies , it is at any point I pull the throttle harder . On a bad landing with either , I cringe when it is the K8S as I expect to see something broken , when it is the Xmaxx , it could land bad from high or tumble over and over down a hill , and doesn't even cross my mind that something might be broken and fully expect it to drive right back to me !!!
Not trying to do a " what's better " , but saying the pros and cons .
I am the type of RC owner / user that doesn't try to bring them home broken !!! LOL Maybe that's why my vids are boring cause I'm not " sending" them like the big Youtubers !!!
Anyway , if you can get the K8S for a good deal , use it , and if you don't like it would be easy to sell . IMO

Rob66 sums it up pretty accurately !!! I have both , either one I take out puts a smile on my face although I haven't been using them lately . The only time I used the Xmaxx this year was at my LHS raceway for their first " bash fest " , what a blast !!!! Will ad there was about 10 Xmaxx and 1 K8S for big scale trucks .
So yes , the K8S is more planted and without doubt flies thru the air easier and better ( I don't do backflips with mine ) . The Xmaxx with paddle tires on it is better in the snow , if you have snow where you live . I can drive my Xmaxx fast and with control , and if I want wheelies , it is at any point I pull the throttle harder . On a bad landing with either , I cringe when it is the K8S as I expect to see something broken , when it is the Xmaxx , it could land bad from high or tumble over and over down a hill , and doesn't even cross my mind that something might be broken and fully expect it to drive right back to me !!!
Not trying to do a " what's better " , but saying the pros and cons .
I am the type of RC owner / user that doesn't try to bring them home broken !!! LOL Maybe that's why my vids are boring cause I'm not " sending" them like the big Youtubers !!!
Anyway , if you can get the K8S for a good deal , use it , and if you don't like it would be easy to sell . IMO
Thanks!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back