Kraton Kraton Body Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to do up a new body for my new Kraton. The Kraton-specific bodies seem to be overpriced, so I was wondering what other Proline bodies fit - for ex. bodies for the E-revo or Savage or whatever... I really like the looks of the Ram Rebel 1500, but not at €50+... Would the Ford 150 Raptor for the Revo fit? Thanks.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Pro-Line-Pr...000941?hash=item543ebfa92d:g:TbcAAOSw7z1aJRZ4
I just saw a great post on this : https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-compatible-body-database.8116/
Hope it helps. I’ve been looking to do something different myself, but don’t want to loose durability. Best of luck

I just bought this supposedly Kraton-specific body and I am not happy at all. The nose sits up way too high, And it doesn’t even cover the chassis on the sides… The stupid body was €15 more than a normal body, so €50 altogether with shipping (paint not included…) and as far as I’m concerned it looks like crap…

Attachments

• ED98EB6A-38E6-4DC3-89CA-E72D9E97ADEE.jpeg
    ED98EB6A-38E6-4DC3-89CA-E72D9E97ADEE.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 485
  • C0382F80-DF9F-4975-81E5-89FEBD99CCC7.jpeg
    C0382F80-DF9F-4975-81E5-89FEBD99CCC7.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 445
  • EC6FF6E1-709C-442A-8C09-963AB4E648B6.jpeg
    EC6FF6E1-709C-442A-8C09-963AB4E648B6.jpeg
    626.3 KB · Views: 1,353
Can't you lower it in the front? Is it hitting the shock towers?

My Kraton is a V4 and the body posts are all in the original position. I took a brief look and it didn’t look like they were very adjustable. I’m really pretty annoyed because I felt like I was splurging getting that body because I was so unsure about so many other ones. And then to have it look that awful. I guess I just have to sell it and hope somebody wants to buy it who doesn’t mind that the nose is sticking up in the air… I see a lot of bodies around sitting like that including in this thread so I guess some people don’t mind it, but to me it looks awful. ?

I know you’re probably already unhappy with it and to the point of wanting something else, but it looks pretty low in the back. Like you have some room to come up with the post kits that come with the V4 Kraton. I’ve had to play with them almost every time I try a new body to get it to look right. I know the nose sticking up would drive me crazy. Is that the Proline Brute body?

Fitting an aftermarket body usually takes some work.

So I went out and took a closer look and was able to lower the front mounts by one hole and raise the rear mounts by one hole…(both now to their maxes...) Still not completely satisfied… I don’t like when trucks’ noses stick up in the air…

It looks like you could flip the rear post mounts, but then I'm worried that would raise the bod up above the shock tower... Might take a closer look tomorrow..

Yeah, it is an "aftermarket" body, but it is specific for the Kraton. It is the Dodge Ram Rebel.. It costs €15 more than other bodies, just because it is precut I guess.. Body post holes were not marked...

Edit - I can see in the second pick that the chassis sags torwards the rear. Guess I have more preload on the front.. ? Did a quick adjustment a while back cuz it was bottoming out up front.. Might need to adjust the rear shocks then too.. ?‍♂️

Attachments

• 9E63F79E-BB17-4FD5-9C1C-0584A4AD91E8.jpeg
    9E63F79E-BB17-4FD5-9C1C-0584A4AD91E8.jpeg
    680 KB · Views: 292
  • 95B1E79F-A980-4B1E-8AEC-00398EB95681.jpeg
    95B1E79F-A980-4B1E-8AEC-00398EB95681.jpeg
    693.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Looks good to me now, the bottom of the body seems parallel to the chassis. Maybe a degree off but not that you'll notice it when running.

Still needs to come up more in the back.. But again, I'd need to flip the post mounts.. I assume they are designed as they are with that in mind?

Doesn’t even cover the mud guards… And this is supposedly a Kraton- specific body…:rolleyes:

For sale...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 8A4518FC-20A2-4C9A-ACED-C3AF2466BEFA.jpeg
    8A4518FC-20A2-4C9A-ACED-C3AF2466BEFA.jpeg
    611.4 KB · Views: 129
Bit of a side topic - I don't feel like messing with a fan for my motor... Do people poke holes in the windshield of their bodies to get more airflow under the body(the way we used to for nitros..)?

Not really. The motor will be fine with stock gearing.
My motor was running 195 with the stock gear, way too hot. Added a motor fan and dropped to 130. Now I just need away to cool the batteries Lol.

Bit of a side topic - I don't feel like messing with a fan for my motor... Do people poke holes in the windshield of their bodies to get more airflow under the body(the way we used to for nitros..)?

Didnt like how our 4092/1730kv was running so we cut the windshield out and gorilla taped in some screen material (to at least keep the big chunks out).

Looks OK, helps cooling at least a little (we stopped using the Dusty Motors cover at the same time, I think that was more important). Body was beat up already and needed to be replaced anyway so it was a good experiment.

I ran mine yesterday, mostly on pavement. Everything was hot - to the feel anyway - afterwards.. Didn't measure temps though. Need to start doing that..

In nitro days putting holes all over the windshield was normal... I added three holes to my Kraton windshield - don't know if it helps...

I guess I would add a fan if it were cheap and easy/plug and play... But I always seem to be reading about how people have to fiddle, experiment, mod etc.. I hate soldering, but can do it if really necessary..

The fan plugs into the receiver so that's pretty simple, but you need a mount that fits. I don't run a motor fan because it's one more thing to break, but may have to soon as I'm switching to Backflips. I geared it back to the small pinion though.

Hot to the feel doesn't say much, 50 deg C is hot to the feel but perfectly fine, you should really measure the temps. I have a 5ish $ temp gun off Hobbyking for that. Not really a gun, more of a laser pointer like thing :)

I have a temp gun for my nitro stuff. What kinds of temps should I be looking out for? I guess I need to measure the motor, the ESC, and the battery?

So is there a plug-‘n-play mount and fan for the stock motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back