Kraton Kraton EXB rear diff blown again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you serious or joking. A diff must be assembled symmetrically or the load will not be applied evenly throughout the teeth. I understand not everyone is a mechanic on here but sometimes I try and help and get guys trying to argue with my statements and if you think you know more than I do more power to you.
Really interesting noted
I wish i had friends like that
But the lsd with 3 plates seems to be the bulletproof fix or LSD setup the diff cup maybe is distorded inside and just bends the shims when you run and creates a gap @jondilly1974 can you put the shims of the diff outdrive cup side and the pin do you have any up and down play? You should have none if you said you could not put anymore shims under that pin might prove my theory correct

That’s kinda harsh.

Why would running different shim thicknesses on either side make no sense? Have you not witnessed the inconsistencies with the Arrma diff components?

Not digging too deep at all. I question everything and that’s how trouble shooting is done. Merely changing parts and not knowing why they fail is not part of my vocabulary ?
Maybe question old mates driving technique?

Are you serious or joking. A diff must be assembled symmetrically or the load will not be applied evenly throughout the teeth. I understand not everyone is a mechanic on here but sometimes I try and help and get guys trying to argue with my statements and if you think you know more than I do more power to you.

In an automotive differential, all flat mating surfaces are ground. This isn’t the case with these RC diffs. I had to lap all my gears in order to get them to mate properly.

You talk like you know all and that no one here knows more than you. Quite frankly, you come across as arrogant.

In an automotive differential, all flat mating surfaces are ground. This isn’t the case with these RC diffs. I had to lap all my gears in order to get them to mate properly.

You talk like you know all and that no one here knows more than you. Quite frankly, you come across as arrogant.

Lol whatever you say ?

So I shimmed a brand new rear diff last night. Cleaned it all. Dry fit it with as many shims as I could get behind the pins. Cup side took .6mm worth and couldn’t get even another .08mm shim in there. On the gear side I could get .75mm of shims behind the pin. Both sides were firm and couldn’t pull them at all. Neither had resistance. Assembled it dry and it felt good, minimal gear feeling and no notchiness. Opened it back up and put 25k inside. After final assembly it was super smooth yet the outdrive cups were tight. It took one Kyosho shim on the ring gear side bearing. Everything felt like new. Went out and ran one pack with no issues. Half way thru the second pack it started clicking. Now I was bashing pretty fast at the construction site, but no ramp. Lots of donuts and cartwheels. Minimal air.

This was the result:

really man stop whining about the rear diff.
the problem is known ? you don't have to make a new topic to every day ?

With shims you cannot achieve anything in that cup ? that sungear does not get enough support from the shims.

Why do you think arrma sends out a lds plates for warranty and not a pair of shims ???

order those lsd plates 2x and now just take photo a out and put photo b in it. it is not that difficult? you can do IT ?
he drives fine ? much more grip behind
And there is no other solution Because shims don't work

And now everyone just stop whining ? i am getting so tired of 10 new topics every day from someone who is whining about the rear diff. ?

I have that car too and I have no problems with IT ? great car ?

Have the feeling that it's up to you and not the car.
Because everybody thinks he can tinker so well ? but I think you are so good that you break it yourself ? and then blame arrma ? for your stupid mistakes.

the answer to the problem is there ? whether or not it can be ordered.

but stop whining you will not achieve anything with that

IMG_20200823_075055__01.jpg

IMG_20200823_075119__01.jpg

3 friction plates behind each sun gear and you'll have your rear open diff last far longer than it has ?

If people didn't report a problem there wouldn't be a motive for a solution!
I’m all for reporting issues with the Vehicles but when you have blokes on here trying to blame the material used and dismissing Operator/ Install error...........That’s just taking the piss?

3 friction plates behind each sun gear and you'll have your rear open diff last far longer than it has ?

If people didn't report a problem there wouldn't be a motive for a solution!
the v4 also has diff problems behind ? we still have to moan about that when I buy it??

he makes a topic every day that he breaks something ? really nice and important and 9 out of 10 times it's your own fault?

Because exb is not known that they are indestructible because everything can break. ?

There are already topics on this subject and just tell your story there ?
the problem is already known and the solution is there regardless of whether it can be ordered
Just be happy and stop whining.

he makes a topic every day that he breaks something ? really nice and important and 9 out of 10 times it's your own fault?

Because exb is not known that they are indestructible because everything can break. ?

the problem is already known and the solution is there regardless of whether it can be ordered
Don't know your problem but I actually appreciate the details start to finish in what was done, then what was done in attempt to correct, and the result even though it wasn't successful. None of his post was whining, just what was done, how it was done, conditions leading to the outcome. Only one whining is you from what I can tell, or someone made you the forum police and I missed it.
I’m all for reporting issues with the Vehicles but when you have blokes on here trying to blame the material used and dismissing Operator/ Install error...........That’s just taking the piss?
He didn't blame the material, someone else did.

lol the outcome is that he's broken again ? and he's making a topic about it again.

everyone is always looking for it in shims but that is not the solution ? that sungear does not get enough support with a few shims, that space is too big on the sides
Or you need to have wider shims just as wide as the sungear to fill up that space.

because just jump with a wrong landing or accelerate and you have a problem ?

Don't know your problem but I actually appreciate the details start to finish in what was done, then what was done in attempt to correct, and the result even though it wasn't successful. None of his post was whining, just what was done, how it was done, conditions leading to the outcome. Only one whining is you from what I can tell, or someone made you the forum police and I missed it.
He didn't blame the material, someone else did.
?

the v4 also has diff problems behind ? we still have to moan about that when I buy it??

Did he also show up to your house and force you to click on his thread?

Thought not...

People appreciate the feedback. If you don’t. don't click.. pretty simple.

And hey, psssst... if you REALLY don’t like what someone has to say, click that little IGNORE button and you’ll never see anything from them again. No whining (or reporting of conditions after repair) whatever you wanna call it.

Quit hating man, the world has enough of that right now. This is a place for help not harassment.

✌?

Thought not...

And hey, psssst... if you REALLY don’t like what someone has to say, click that little IGNORE button and you’ll never see anything from them again. No whining (or reporting of conditions after repair) whatever you wanna call it.

Quit hating man, the world has enough of that right now. This is a place for help not harassment.

✌?
well cute that you stand up for him ? don't you think he can do that himself ?.
and if you ignore him there are no more threads to Read because he replies to everything ?

if you read what I write, it is not hate mail ? and I also give the solution that you read in other topics.
Then it drives fine but nobody wants it.
because you want to use shims if necessary ?

And there is someone who made a mistake at Armma and put a number wrong and now there is a mistake in the cat.
like you never make mistakes ?
You can keep whining about that, but that will not change anything ?mabey the next batch.

I really have no problems with my car so how is that possible ???
and it was also wrong with my car ? because I also had the wrong shims in it.

So lsd plates in it and it drives fine ?and i enjoy my car ?

Last edited:

Thought not...

✌?

Thought not...

✌?
Psssst........... This is an open forum. If someone writes something that I don’t agree with and I have an opinion on it, I’m not just going to ignore it. This is the whole idea of a forum.
Get off old mates nuts.

well cute that you stand up for him ? don't you think he can do that himself ?.
and if you ignore him there are no more threads to Read because he replies to everything ?

if you read what I write, it is not hate mail ? and I also give the solution that you read in other topics.
Then it drives fine but nobody wants it.
because you want to use shims if necessary ?

And there is someone who made a mistake at Armma and put a number wrong and now there is a mistake in the cat.
like you never make mistakes ?
You can keep whining about that, but that will not change anything ?mabey the next batch.

I really have no problems with my car so how is that possible ???
and it was also wrong with my car ? because I also had the wrong shims in it.

So lsd plates in it and it drives fine ?and i enjoy my car ?
It wouldn’t matter if it was him, or anyone else that’s trying to help in the community.

Also glad your cars working ?? Thanks for your input too. But there’s no reason to dog on anybody like that in a post. Your just trying to get a rise or trying to get attention.

I’m sure I’ll be clicking that ignore button here soon....

Maybe twice...

Psssst........... This is an open forum. If someone writes something that I don’t agree with and I have an opinion on it, I’m not just going to ignore it. This is the whole idea of a forum.
Get off old mates nuts.
Get off mates nuts? Really? Look at the post that I was responding to... if anyone is on anyone’s nuts..... and sure this is an open forum. You just must be a really ? person to try and be negative in a place promoting positivity ... ??

It wouldn’t matter if it was him, or anyone else that’s trying to help in the community.

Also glad your cars working ?? Thanks for your input too. But there’s no reason to dog on anybody like that in a post. Your just trying to get a rise or trying to get attention.

Maybe twice...

Get off mates nuts? Really? Look at the post that I was responding to... if anyone is on anyone’s nuts..... and sure this is an open forum. You just must be a really ? person to try and be negative in a place promoting positivity ... ??

Maybe twice...

Is that what you want people to do? Ignore posts if they don’t agree with what someone has said?
If that works for you bud go right ahead. People can say what they want to say.
Stay +ve

Is that what you want people to do? Ignore posts if they don’t agree with what someone has said?
If that works for you bud go right ahead. People can say what they want to say.
Stay +ve
Disagreeing is one thing, but being disrespectful or rude is another.

how bout we bury the hatchet and try and keep things friendly.

Maybe twice...
?? I'm not the one who made the topic ? so I'm certainly not looking for attention ?? I also explain the answer and just say that there should be no nagging, it has been nice now.

and you are right you can find information here and people always try to help you ? and for that always thanks ? really great if you don't know what to do?

but it really doesn't make sense to report every day that your exb is broken ? there are a few more on the forum and they do know who I'm talking about.

They think they are all kinds of things because they have a YouTube channel that nobody watches ?
then they report that they have bent their chassis. ? or this or that ? you just have to land well ? don't blame the car.
That's what i am saying?

Because they are not indestructible and everything breaks. Don't cry ?about IT i laugh about IT?and do IT again ?

everyone has a lot of power in it ? so not crazy or strange that things break ? but nobody takes that into account.

?? I'm not the one who made the topic ? so I'm certainly not looking for attention ?? I also explain the answer and just say that there should be no nagging, it has been nice now.

and you are right you can find information here and people always try to help you ? and for that always thanks ? really great if you don't know what to do?

but it really doesn't make sense to report every day that your exb is broken ? there are a few more on the forum and they do know who I'm talking about.

They think they are all kinds of things because they have a YouTube channel that nobody watches ?
then they report that they have bent their chassis. ? or this or that ? you just have to land well ? don't blame the car.
That's what i am saying?

Because they are not indestructible and everything breaks. Don't cry ?about IT i laugh about IT?and do IT again ?

everyone has a lot of power in it ? so not crazy or strange that things break ? but nobody takes that into account.
Understood, no truck will be indestructible.

the diff issue sucks. When parts come back in stock and we all get our ? fixed I’m sure it’ll be a great rig.

people whined about their V1-V4’s diffs until we all sorted that out.

just trying to say let’s all be a little bit more respectful.

That’s all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back