Kraton Kraton EXB with ProModeler 930

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Anyone using a 930 ProModeler on their EXB? Prob. overkill but had it laying around?‍♂️ I’d need quite a stack of the stock plastic shims, that seems a bad idea. Any good off the shelf solutions? Would be a pretty small block to fab without a mill, I’d need to fill a gap a little bigger than in pic to space bottom off chassis.

B1C3183E-BB92-483B-8D20-611FE096DC3D.jpeg

NO WAY

that servo is the most beatifull i ever seen.

Are you millionaire?

Brushless Servo whit dual beerings also?
WOW

how much you pay for this beatifull thing ?

Buy the extended servo mount by b2 . and have the black servo spacer-pads also to make a ligt-flex sitting

WOW

Last edited:
Hell, the military uses that in Drones. :LOL:
First and foremost the servo needs to sit "Off" the chassis a few mm. The servo must float above the chassis. All servos. Or you will brick the servo with "chassis slap". This will create even more of a spacing gap at the top servo ears. To accomplish this you alternatively Raise the servo mount at the chassis, and also use some servo spacers. they have carbon fiber ones also in differing thickness or a combination of several. In the end the servo arm link to the bell crank needs to remain horizontal, like it is in stock form. I would highly recommend servo flanged washers with flat head screws to secure that high torque servo. Nice servo.(y) Wish I had one lying around also.:cool:

Edit: As @powerarrma stated above, an extended servo mount will accommodate much better.

Last edited:
Anyone using a 930 ProModeler on their EXB? Prob. overkill but had it laying around?‍♂️ I’d need quite a stack of the stock plastic shims, that seems a bad idea. Any good off the shelf solutions? Would be a pretty small block to fab without a mill, I’d need to fill a gap a little bigger than in pic to space bottom off chassis.

View attachment 112130
It’s not needed in that little truck
Just get a power hobby hv servo and call
It a day
You’re not going to send any benefit of using it

just my .02$

2 cents... I have the promodeler 630 in my Mojave EXB. Just finished putting it together and have taken it out once to large bumpy desert like area. The Mojave (and the 630) performed awesome. I have the same concern though....the servo is only a mm or two off the chassis. I’m watching this thread to see how to best raise it up. Not going to take it out again until I’m comfortable with it.

Thanks all, found THIS mount, Savox it’s designed for is about 3.1mm taller from bottom of servo to bottom of mounting tabs, so this should work.

Is it possible to just stack an additional aluminum servo mounting plate on the existing mount with some longer screws? That seems like a decent fix without compromising any rigidity For not a lot of money.

Is it possible to just stack an additional aluminum servo mounting plate on the existing mount with some longer screws? That seems like a decent fix without compromising any rigidity For not a lot of money.
That’s an option, something like THIS but with the amount of torque this can put out I like the machined mount, and the idea of the flanged mounting grommets.

GKA extended mount is the way I went. Upgrading to the 930 over the winter as even the 630 isn't enough for bouncing/crawling.
IMG_20201205_122509.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back