Kraton Kraton front end problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Camaroboy383 is right on. The idea of the preload is you want the wheel to stay in contact with the ground over small bumps as well as the big hits. Too stiff suspension which rebounds too fast will have you spinning your wheels, sliding and bouncing all over the place. The arrmas are pretty dialed in out of the box. I like my suspension arms to come up to parallel to the ground or maybe just slightly more when release from fully compressed to the ground. Glad you got the binding issue taken care of. Have fun!

@Camaroboy383 is right on. The idea of the preload is you want the wheel to stay in contact with the ground over small bumps as well as the big hits. Too stiff suspension which rebounds too fast will have you spinning your wheels, sliding and bouncing all over the place. The arrmas are pretty dialed in out of the box. I like my suspension arms to come up to parallel to the ground or maybe just slightly more when release from fully compressed to the ground. Glad you got the binding issue taken care of. Have fun!
That's what ill do today many thanks guys

Ok guys so I have a v3 kraton I've been playing around with,the problem I cant get my head around is when I compress the front shocks they wont return they just sit there sagging,I've stripped and checked the shocks for bent shafts etc, last night I checked arm movement and adjusted the pillow balls to suit and all moved freely,on reassembly it was the same,would bent hinge pins give that symptom? Stretched springs? I'm stumped.

difficult to say without actually having the car in front of me , however that said, I’d be inclined to say you’ve lost oil from the shock, check to see if it’s all gunky and greasy on the shock shaft ? Arrma tend to leak from the bottom you can rebuild the seal at the bottom of the shock shaft .

Ok guys so I have a v3 kraton I've been playing around with,the problem I cant get my head around is when I compress the front shocks they wont return they just sit there sagging,I've stripped and checked the shocks for bent shafts etc, last night I checked arm movement and adjusted the pillow balls to suit and all moved freely,on reassembly it was the same,would bent hinge pins give that symptom? Stretched springs? I'm stumped.

mine is getting on my nerves Kraton v3
Pivot ball front left keeps coming out of the arm ,

Just from the pics it looks like those shock covers might be binding on a drive cup or driveshaft?‍♂️. You say they're fine off the truck, rebuilt them (you did use green slime or other o-ring grease on the packing?). Try taking the covers off, does it help?
Oh never mind just saw the update?

mine is getting on my nerves Kraton v3
Pivot ball front left keeps coming out of the arm ,
This stuff works awesome for stripped rc screws. I put it in my brand new arms before They even begin to pull out. Works on chassis screws that no longer bite too. Just cut a sliver or two and put it in there...easy peasy. Looks like I chopped off the title. The stuff is called mr. Grip.
AA34ED2B-9C95-4DF0-A7D0-A20DF9537FA6.jpeg

This stuff works awesome for stripped rc screws. I put it in my brand new arms before They even begin to pull out. Works on chassis screws that no longer bite too. Just cut a sliver or two and put it in there...easy peasy. Looks like I chopped off the title. The stuff is called mr. Grip.
View attachment 52604
Nice! I wonder if a bit of steel wool would do the same? I use toothpicks in stripped wood holes with a dab of wood glue. I wouldn’t use the toothpicks in plastic, but it’s a similar approach to your advice.

View attachment 52604
Hmm ? ok I’ll give that a go . I can’t say I’ve seen it but sounds like the dogs Tatar’s .
I’ll look for it give it a go I got an RC car spares aren’t made for it. Some screws just twiddle around I could use it for .
cheers

That's what ill do today many thanks guys
And don't forget to put a lipo in your rc when you setup the suspension. The extra weight of a 6s brick makes quite a difference.

Nice! I wonder if a bit of steel wool would do the same? I use toothpicks in stripped wood holes with a dab of wood glue. I wouldn’t use the toothpicks in plastic, but it’s a similar approach to your advice.
I usually use small zipties or heavier copper wire strands. Those grip strips would be handy in the pit bag though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back