Kraton / outcast 4s v2 center shaft 3d print

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheStapler

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have found a model for a 3d print center shaft for kraton and outcast 4s. Has anyone tried a 3d printed shaft?

I have found a model for a 3d print center shaft for kraton and outcast 4s. Has anyone tried a 3d printed shaft?

The center shaft or any shafts can definitely be printed..
Will it Survive the first few seconds of a 3S-6S rip.... That's the question.

I can envision a 3D printed shaft -incorporating a pre-made carbon fiber core would probably take/handle the load.

Or,
If you have the means ($$$$) to use an industrial 3D printer that inlays a continuous carbon fiber strand as it prints your shaft.. (ie: Markforged)
That would work.
But the cost would be extremely prohibitive in low quantities.

Not worth my time and filament. No issues with the OEM unit so no benefits.

Only reason i was interested in 3d printed because I've only driven my kraton 3 times off road and already need a new shaft due to rocks getting stuck between motor and shaft.

Understood.
It's a bummer when that happens.

But, it's part of RC-ing.
You can get replacement center driveshafts cheap on JennysRC.com

They are on thingiverse for free.. đź‘Ť.. covering the center shaft is the best thing I ever came up with for these rigs.. it's saved countless center shafts and esc wire sets..

The original designed length is based off of the older chassis's.. which I only ever designed the lwb, same with @suchtragedy's but he modeled both swb and lwb which you see above on Etsy.. so if this is for a v2+ I'm not so sure it's going to work..

My Vendetta shaft is starting to get a bit abused. Im at work so I can't measure. Is this the same length as the Vendetta? I mean if not I'll just extend it and print it. Just curious.

I believe the vendetta and infraction use the same chassis as the BRCC, Typhon, and Senton. Length has not changed over the different versions to the best of my knowledge.

My Vendetta shaft is starting to get a bit abused. Im at work so I can't measure. Is this the same length as the Vendetta? I mean if not I'll just extend it and print it. Just curious.

The Kraton 4S V2 center driveshaft is a tad longer than the standard LWB shaft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back