Kraton Kraton V3 LVC Adjustment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildvoodoomagic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
Hello All,

I am looking to see if I can adjust my LVC cutoff voltage. I puffed a SMC 6s 5000mah battery over the weekend and Im really not looking to do it again. I know LVC is on but its way too low.

Can I adjust this? If not what are my options? I love my Kraton and I'm just now experiencing the full awesomeness of it but I'm worried about killing another 100 dollar battery.

Thank you!

Thats a good idea! Im currently working with SMC to get the battery that puffed replaced. Im amazed that Arrma has their LVC set so low. I had resting voltages at 3.56 on 2 cells after my run. I really wish this was adjustable on the esc.

Edit: Do you know if the LVA from SMC is waterproof?

I don't think it is waterproof. You could always fashion some sort of water resistant cover I would imagine.

No, it's not waterproof. I put clear heatshrink around it and sealed with a dab of silicone.
LVC is not adjustable on the ESC. Timer or LVA needed.

Unfortunately you have no control over LVC at all with the BLX185 after V2. You can’t change the value or turn it off. If you need to lower the cutoff for LVC, you will need another ESC.

SMC precision lipo alarm.
I just had a look at the description at https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=559 but I don't get it:
- Stock ESC LVC is set too low so the LiPos get stressed more than necessary
- SMC precision lipo alarm gives you a longer runtime (according to their video) because it has a delay which makes it not trigger when voltage drops because of high acceleration
Maybe my English fooled me but this sounds to me as if the SMC precision lipo alarm is even worse than Stock ESC LVC?

I just had a look at the description at https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=559 but I don't get it:
- SMC precision lipo alarm gives you a longer runtime (according to their video) because it has a delay which makes it not trigger when voltage drops because of high acceleration
Maybe my English fooled me but this sounds to me as if the SMC precision lipo alarm is even worse than Stock ESC LVC?
Yeah those two statements seem to contradict each other.

Not really, you have just chosen to not read the full statement. They are not comparing the ESC to anything, they are comparing a 'standard' voltage alarm to their model.
Compared to the standard, if you set the alarm at the same voltage (i.e. 3.7V) you will get more runtime out of the precision version as it's not impacted by voltage sag during punches etc.

Obviously you have to set the alarm level at a higher level than LVC, 3.7V is a safe level.

Like @jkflow said, the smc precision lipo alarm is compared to other lipo alarms and not esc cutoff.

The smc alarm is adjustable as said and I find that it is a lot more reliable when set to 3.6/3.7. I was able to get my blx185 esc to keep going beyond a comfortable lipo lvc. With the smc alarm I don't worry about it.

Only small complaint I have about these alarms is that they are not loud enough when bashing, need to keep an 'ear out' for it. No difference between cheapo or precision though. By all means, wife etc will scream bloody murder when you try them in the house, they are obnoxious.

Agreed, 3.6 or 3.7V is my setting as well pending how far I have to walk the car back to 'home'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back