LC Racing EMB-1 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not in love with the diff feel. Feels too notchy for my likings. Do they make a shim? Did you shim yours?
I don't remember mine being notchy and no I didn't shim mine. I should get some shims for the crown and ring gear but it hasn't really been a problem. Every time I have lost a diff it was because the pinion worked itself loose from the output shaft it has happened a few times over the years. Oh and there was the time I sheared the screws completely off the diff cup.

I don't remember mine being notchy and no I didn't shim mine. I should get some shims for the crown and ring gear but it hasn't really been a problem. Every time I have lost a diff it was because the pinion worked itself loose from the output shaft it has happened a few times over the years. Oh and there was the time I sheared the screws completely off the diff cup.
Aggravating. You can only use baby power tightening the diff screws up before they feel like they might strip. I pulled them both back out and still have a tight, notch mesh at one side of the diffs. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe I’ll order a new set and try those. Spare parts are ok considering the power it’s going to get.

Anyone make aluminum cups?

When you are about 3-4 hours away from a set up station and realize you have 3-4 more to go in just wire management.. ugh. 🙄🤣 I hate hate hate wires.. With the servo and RX, I should be able to get at least a 800mah pack in this thing 😂

1E48F7BB-3C45-4B19-921B-D4883FC10429.jpeg

Aggravating. You can only use baby power tightening the diff screws up before they feel like they might strip. I pulled them both back out and still have a tight, notch mesh at one side of the diffs. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe I’ll order a new set and try those. Spare parts are ok considering the power it’s going to get.

Anyone make aluminum cups?
You talking the ring and crown gear? Yeah there are shims you can buy for that but I can't remember what size they are off the top of my head. Yeah diffs for these are dirt cheap, like $10-15 each.

I do not remember seeing aluminum diff cups.

I really want a new mamba micro x2, but I’m waiting for them to get the bec back inside of it. No way am I dealing with all that spaghetti using the external bec. 🫣

Got a little more done. Installed the sway bars and positioned the servo. Yes Sir! I'll be running 7.4v through that biautch to give me a whopping:
  • Torque @ 7.4v: 20.0kg/277oz./in
  • Speed @ 7.4v: 0.095 sec/60 deg
I could go to 8.4v with it too.

You can see in the last pic that I'll need to shim/space the servo out a few MM, should work like a champ when I'm done. In the pic it looks like its rubbing but it's not. I have the spacers in the garage, too lazy to go fetch them right now, can't finish it anyway, waiting on the parts man as usual.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

It's a thing of beauty when it goes smoothly after a few Dremel mods. (y) Not much room to spare at all. It's going to get interesting when I go to hook up the sensored plug in the back of that fuggin mill. I should record myself at that time; I'll probably be making up some new cuss words.

Coming closer to having to deal with the wires. :rolleyes::LOL: @slick2500 did you know that servo mount is all held to the chassis with 1 screw? The mount has a dowel that fits into the chassis and one stinking screw holds the whole unit in lol. The servo is held in place with 3 screws. Must be a china thing..

I did have to kick it about 2mm with spacers, otherwise the servo on its side is too tall and hits the center drive shaft. There is literally no room for error on this little thing man..

IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg

Last pic till I'm done, and everything works! lol... Don't worry @Hammer Down I'll make ya proud with my spaghetti :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, since no one likes DEANS plugs, I made it very visible that I'll be using 5's and they are almost the same size as the ESC :LOL:

The hardest part... UGH... Did I already mention that I HATE wires?

IMG_2595.jpg

When you're only dealing with 1-2 inches to MM's of wire, it's a big pain in the rear to get nice wire management in such a small car.

So, the build:

58t steel spur with a 21t pinion
Castle system 5800 KV on 3s
Savox Servo at 8.4V a tad over 300oz
CF top plate and towers
Losi mini 8ight buggy wheels
Shocks got 20WT
Diffs got 10K
All the rest came in the kit
I had to leave it sensorless, the plug would NOT fit between that servo mount and the motor. You all know how thin those wires are, that's the tolerances I was dealt with this motor.

It does standing backflips off a piece of carpet in my garage lol. Unsure of its top speed, too much salt out to run a brand-new rig.

Shoutouts coming for the paint work and a custom printed parts soon!

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

I know words can't really express how fast a RC is without video BUT...

I took this out right off the set-up station, the calm before the storm we will be blessed with:rolleyes: What a blast! I didn't get any speeds, but my eyeball is pretty good after so many years. My guess is it got up to about 60ish at 1/2 throttle. When I tried to feather it faster, the front end just picks up.. This thing is insane :LOL: I'll have to do some aerodynamic mods to the rear wing, I'm sure that's helping it get front end air happy.

It's a thing of beauty when it goes smoothly after a few Dremel mods. (y) Not much room to spare at all. It's going to get interesting when I go to hook up the sensored plug in the back of that fuggin mill. I should record myself at that time; I'll probably be making up some new cuss words.

Coming closer to having to deal with the wires. :rolleyes::LOL: @slick2500 did you know that servo mount is all held to the chassis with 1 screw? The mount has a dowel that fits into the chassis and one stinking screw holds the whole unit in lol. The servo is held in place with 3 screws. Must be a china thing..

I did have to kick it about 2mm with spacers, otherwise the servo on its side is too tall and hits the center drive shaft. There is literally no room for error on this little thing man..

View attachment 262849View attachment 262850View attachment 262851
I thought it used 2 screws to hold the mount because the picture shows 2 screws in the bottom of the mount. I'm still using the stock mount with the Batan 135F servo.
When you're only dealing with 1-2 inches to MM's of wire, it's a big pain in the rear to get nice wire management in such a small car.

So, the build:

58t steel spur with a 21t pinion
Castle system 5800 KV on 3s
Savox Servo at 8.4V a tad over 300oz
CF top plate and towers
Losi mini 8ight buggy wheels
Shocks got 20WT
Diffs got 10K
All the rest came in the kit
I had to leave it sensorless, the plug would NOT fit between that servo mount and the motor. You all know how thin those wires are, that's the tolerances I was dealt with this motor.

It does standing backflips off a piece of carpet in my garage lol. Unsure of its top speed, too much salt out to run a brand-new rig.

Shoutouts coming for the paint work and a custom printed parts soon!

View attachment 264126

View attachment 264127

View attachment 264128
View attachment 264129

View attachment 264130

The bleeder holes on your shocks are kicking my OCD into overdrive. All of mine face out.

That esc probably would not fit under my body.

20221221_220209.jpg

Mine is a Hobbywing XR10 Justock.
20221221_220240.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it used 2 screws to hold the mount because the picture shows 2 screws in the bottom of the mount. I'm still using the stock mount with the Batan 135F servo.

The bleeder holes on your shocks are kicking my OCD into overdrive. All of mine face out.

That esc probably would not fit under my body.

View attachment 264263

Mine is a Hobbywing XR10 Justock.
View attachment 264264

Do you have a full lid off, close up shot? I ordered a phat body, one AF member is making a body post for me for that same reason, should be here soon. The lid is getting sent out with my next build lid I'll be posting in a few days.

Do you have a full lid off, close up shot? I ordered a phat body, one AF member is making a body post for me for that same reason, should be here soon. The lid is getting sent out with my next build lid I'll be posting in a few days.

Like this?

1671755948194.jpeg

I want the Phat bodies Atak.

1671756023652.png

Or the Funkenblitz.

1671756093950.png

I know words can't really express how fast a RC is without video BUT...

I took this out right off the set-up station, the calm before the storm we will be blessed with:rolleyes: What a blast! I didn't get any speeds, but my eyeball is pretty good after so many years. My guess is it got up to about 60ish at 1/2 throttle. When I tried to feather it faster, the front end just picks up.. This thing is insane :LOL: I'll have to do some aerodynamic mods to the rear wing, I'm sure that's helping it get front end air happy.

A few years ago I was big into speed runs with this little rig (truggy version, so a bit more room on the chassis)...

I had to do extreme aero mods to keep the nose down, and it was so low that every time I brake, you can hear the front end scraping):

Good luck with yours - beautiful build and looking forward to the vids!

A few years ago I was big into speed runs with this little rig (truggy version, so a bit more room on the chassis)...

I had to do extreme aero mods to keep the nose down, and it was so low that every time I brake, you can hear the front end scraping):

Good luck with yours - beautiful build and looking forward to the vids!

Very nice! Yeah, when I ran it a couple days ago it was still kinda out of wack. I'll have to get it on the set-up station to make proper front end adjustments for speed runs. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get street tires for that either lol :cool:

Couple more screws in. Shocks are still dry for now. Wanted to get it mocked up. All red is aluminum and most of it came in the kit. Only options in this pic currently are the aluminum carriers and the CF tower. This comes with TiNi shafts and Alu hexes in the box.

View attachment 261905
Does the kit include the aluminum steering bellcrank?

Last edited:
Does the kit include the aluminum steering bellcrank?
No. All of the aluminum parts, aside from the wheel hexes and all of the carbon fiber are option parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back