LED Light Kit/Body Removal Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr9Mojave

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi everyone, i decided i would like to install an LED light kit for my Mojave and found some threads regarding them and they look really good.

But if i have opt for a light kit, would i have to remove the plugs from the rx every time i want to take the body off?

Or is there a trick way to be able to remove the body easily without having to remove the plugs from the receiver?

I am looking at the full led kit from Polo Creations, does anyone know if the lights fitted from that kit would give me enough light for navigating my streets at night?

Also can they be controlled, turned on/off with the radio?

I've sent them a message but never received a reply so thought i would ask here instead.:)

Screenshot from 2023-03-10 10-18-20.png

Hi everyone, i decided i would like to install an LED light kit for my Mojave and found some threads regarding them and they look really good.

But if i have opt for a light kit, would i have to remove the plugs from the rx every time i want to take the body off?

Or is there a trick way to be able to remove the body easily without having to remove the plugs from the receiver?

I am looking at the full led kit from Polo Creations, does anyone know if the lights fitted from that kit would give me enough light for navigating my streets at night?

I've sent them a message but never received a reply so thought i would ask here instead.:)

View attachment 284177

Hmm

Well @hdt1980 created and has a cool magnet light system he sold me for my Infraction and I love it. Mind you the Infraction is a drifter and not a basher. My bashers lights are on the chassis if at all possible. Then I have some where there is one wire I need to plug but I have made it easy to connect as I pull the body on/off. I have the Polo Creations set on my Infraction and ran it to the magnetic set. I turn the lights on/off from my DX5C.

Check with him...

Pic of what he sold me:

1678405429011.png
1678405529475.png

1678405581856.png

1678405761604.png
1678405771673.png

If you don't want to spend crazy loot on a light system you can make one relatively cheap 😁.what I did to eliminate the Hassel of wires from the body to the chassis was as simple as running a small separate 12 volt battery under the roof of the cover .all the wires get either taped or how ever you choose .the 12 volt little battery holds up for long times .you can run 6 led bulbs with it no problem and it's probably just as light as a small lipo .you could run a small lipo if you choose I just used a small xmass light box and Velcro .the led lights I have installed in the chassis is being fed by the receiver port .and also have led inside and out side strips .the led lights I bought from eBay dirt cheap from china😁.if you don't mind waiting for them to come from the spy balloons 🤣🤣 be creative..if your not the type to customize then a direct fitment might be best for you.post pics of them when you get them installed good luck bud .can't wait to see them🤟

Hmm

Well @hdt1980 created and has a cool magnet light system he sold me for my Infraction and I love it. Mind you the Infraction is a drifter and not a basher. My bashers lights are on the chassis if at all possible. Then I have some where there is one wire I need to plug but I have made it easy to connect as I pull the body on/off. I have the Polo Creations set on my Infraction and ran it to the magnetic set. I turn the lights on/off from my DX5C.

Check with him...

Pic of what he sold me:

View attachment 284180View attachment 284183
View attachment 284184
View attachment 284191View attachment 284192
Man, your wire management looks awesome! Mines all duct taped on, scattered around and sh!t. :ROFLMAO: I should have used the tubes too! 🤦‍♂️
20230114_222620.jpg

View attachment 284177
I have plugs long enough, hanging out of receiver box, that I can lift body off pretty easy to plug and unplug. Those magnetic ones mentioned above sound pretty cool though!

Hmm

Check with him...

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The magnet system sounds really good.

I won't be bashing the Mojave that much, strictly no jumping or anything like that.
It will actually be street bashing more than anything tbh.

Late Edit-Your lights look awesome on your Infraction really appreciate the pics thank you.:cool::)
If you don't want to spend crazy loot on a light system you can make one relatively cheap 😁.what I did to eliminate the Hassel of wires from the body to the chassis was as simple as running a small separate 12 volt battery under the roof of the cover .all the wires get either taped or how ever you choose .the 12 volt little battery holds up for long times .you can run 6 led bulbs with it no problem and it's probably just as light as a small lipo .you could run a small lipo if you choose I just used a small xmass light box and Velcro .the led lights I have installed in the chassis is being fed by the receiver port .and also have led inside and out side strips .the led lights I bought from eBay dirt cheap from china😁.if you don't mind waiting for them to come from the spy balloons 🤣🤣 be creative..if your not the type to customize then a direct fitment might be best for you.post pics of them when you get them installed good luck bud .can't wait to see them🤟
That's actually a great idea, i never would have thought of using an alternate power supply and have the battery attached to the body proper.;)

Last edited:
Hi King Blitz, i was planning on buying the whole kit which are the headlights/tail lights, front light roof bar and the rear upper amber lights.
Awesome 👍 .that's gonna look butters.🤟🤣so this set you speak of do you know how many peices it comes with? Sounds like either 3 harnesses..all of them lights won't be on a single harness.ive never seen that personally my self .here's some pics of what I did .😁

IMG_20220910_221048287.jpg

IMG_20220910_221117634.jpg

IMG_20221017_204234556.jpg

IMG_20220911_205548469.jpg

IMG_20220911_205633531.jpg

IMG_20221003_212557444.jpg

IMG_20221003_212700553.jpg

You can use light controllers .run 4 way and only use one port on your receiver.i have ran 10 led bulbs from just the receiver port.no issues with heating.the ESC has plenty of juice for them little bulbs that barely drain battery .I'll keep throwing ideas out there for ya .😁👍
The halo / 😇 eyes are badd ass .those change any color you want or a continuous run of colors ..get under glow .nice beam under your chassis

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230309-194548.png
    Screenshot_20230309-194548.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230309-194608.png
    Screenshot_20230309-194608.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20230309-194646.png
    Screenshot_20230309-194646.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220918_203745997.jpg
    IMG_20220918_203745997.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi and thanks for the reply.

The magnet system sounds really good.

I won't be bashing the Mojave that much, strictly no jumping or anything like that.
It will actually be street bashing more than anything tbh.

Late Edit-Your lights look awesome on your Infraction really appreciate the pics thank you.:cool::)

That's actually a great idea, i never would have thought of using an alternate power supply and have the battery attached to the body proper.;)
Every now and then I take a trip to dollar tree and and they sell little clear plastic battery boxes .all's you need to do is install the led ground and negative and waalaa your set to go.scuff the bottom of the plastic and the roof then clean good with isopropyl alcohol and then use Velcro or a 2 part epoxy for plastic use and no worries of battery box falling off like tape does.

My lights are mounted to the chassis on my Mojave. A long light bar on the front (cut a slit out of the bumper guard and body) and rear red lights mounted to the bumper. That way I don’t have to mess with wires when I pull the lid. Just a thought.
B2AADE37-4AB6-48F3-8C49-828A030A386C.jpeg

675E15B7-6888-45A3-9BB3-95B3DD3207FC.jpeg

P
20A62807-DE36-474F-B97D-A61B2D74DC5B.jpeg

8CC00598-A27C-47C8-9368-F5C18457804A.jpeg

Good idea and what I did in the beginning. Ordered a 9v battery box from ebay and ran all my lights to it so I could easily pull the body off. My lights were simple at the time just two front headlights only. It worked well!

Man, your wire management looks awesome! Mines all duct taped on, scattered around and sh!t. :ROFLMAO: I should have used the tubes too! 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 284200

I have plugs long enough, hanging out of receiver box, that I can lift body off pretty easy to plug and unplug. Those magnetic ones mentioned above sound pretty cool though!

Not bad my Man mine was the same way and it got the job down and secure.... stole the tube idea from the vets here and saw other internet pictures.

Good idea and what I did in the beginning. Ordered a 9v battery box from ebay and ran all my lights to it so I could easily pull the body off. My lights were simple at the time just two front headlights only. It worked well!

Not bad my Man mine was the same way and it got the job down and secure.... stole the tube idea from the vets here and saw other internet pictures.
Well, now I'm stealin' it from you!! 😜(y):ROFLMAO:😁✌️🍻

My lights are mounted to the chassis on my Mojave. A long light bar on the front (cut a slit out of the bumper guard and body) and rear red lights mounted to the bumper. That way I don’t have to mess with wires when I pull the lid. Just a thought.
View attachment 284224
View attachment 284225
PView attachment 284226
View attachment 284235
You can still run any lights you want on the cover .just do what I do .run a separate battery box under your roof cover .then you'll have more lights .👍

Hmm

Check with him...

Pic of what he sold me:

View attachment 284180View attachment 284183
View attachment 284184
View attachment 284191View attachment 284192
That is indeed some tidy work, @parcou Well done, sir! Great looking rig.

I was actually considering this, in the end i would have been happy with just a front and rear light bar.

But i received a reply from hdt1980 regarding his magnetic light system so looking forward to hearing more about it. I don't jump rc cars so it should work great.

Thought i would update, hdt1980 is going to make me the magnetic light kit.
I decided to run a single light bar and opted out from buying the led kit from polocreations.

I might at a later time but a light bar will be plenty for now and i can also add on extra lights at a later time.

hdt1980 has been a real pleasure to deal with, thanks to @parcou for the heads up appreciate it.(y)

Thought i would update, hdt1980 is going to make me the magnetic light kit.
I decided to run a single light bar and opted out from buying the led kit from polocreations.

I might at a later time but a light bar will be plenty for now and i can also add on extra lights at a later time.

hdt1980 has been a real pleasure to deal with, thanks to @parcou for the heads up appreciate it.(y)

He is super cool to work with I have two of his kits...

You have options. Once you have power to the lights, you can splice or use y-connect or many different ways to add more lights from the power source.

I took his setup and ran it to an AUX switch here to the receiver so I could turn the RC lights off and on. Works great. All the Infraction lights run to the single switch (front, rear, rear light bar, and front light bar)

Post pics when done (y)

I took his setup and ran it to an AUX switch here to the receiver so I could turn the RC lights off and on. Works great. All the Infraction lights run to the single switch (front, rear, rear light bar, and front light bar)

Post pics when done (y)
Will do.;)

Ooh that light switch is an excellent idea thank you.:giggle:

Awesome 👍 .that's gonna look butters.🤟🤣so this set you speak of do you know how many peices it comes with? Sounds like either 3 harnesses..all of them lights won't be on a single harness.ive never seen that personally my self .here's some pics of what I did .😁

View attachment 284206

View attachment 284207

View attachment 284208

View attachment 284209

View attachment 284210

View attachment 284211

View attachment 284212
You can use light controllers .run 4 way and only use one port on your receiver.i have ran 10 led bulbs from just the receiver port.no issues with heating.the ESC has plenty of juice for them little bulbs that barely drain battery .I'll keep throwing ideas out there for ya .😁👍
The halo / 😇 eyes are badd ass .those change any color you want or a continuous run of colors ..get under glow .nice beam under your chassis
What's the trick for cutting the body to install the polo creations light kit?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back