Let's see those crawlers and trail runners!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BFG 12.jpg
BFG 13.jpg

Took about 2.5 hours to reach the top. Just a single 6s 1300mAh battery. Gotta love this new electronics setup from 3Brothers RC.

I am jealous of your rocks
The Southwest is an amazing outdoor environment, as long as you can tolerate the heat. It doesn't bother me too much, but after about 4 hours on the trail, it's time for a break. I'll post more photos and videos later on.

s

The Southwest is an amazing outdoor environment, as long as you can tolerate the heat. It doesn't bother me too much, but after about 4 hours on the trail, it's time for a break. I'll post more photos and videos later on.

s
I've been to the arid side of CA a few times and as someone from New England, can't say I'm a fan lol. I prefer our smaller granite rocks and wet weather

This rock formation from today is quite different than the usual red sandstone we crawl on. It much harder than sandstone and covered in razor-sharp projections. The traction is amazing, but it eats tires quickly. We are out here testing a set of the OEM KM3's, and they are holding up very well on this surface. While we typically see small chunks of this rock no larger than a basketball, this formation is hidden way out in the back country.

After three hours of crawling and hiking, I had bits of rubber missing from my hiking boot. The KM3's held up quite well. This isn't something to fall down on while hiking.

s
BFG 24.jpg
Stone 2.jpg

This rock formation from today is quite different than the usual red sandstone we crawl on. It much harder than sandstone and covered in razor-sharp projections. The traction is amazing, but it eats tires quickly. We are out here testing a set of the OEM KM3's, and they are holding up very well on this surface. While we typically see small chunks of this rock no larger than a basketball, this formation is hidden way out in the back country.

After three hours of crawling and hiking, I had bits of rubber missing from my hiking boot. The KM3's held up quite well. This isn't something to fall down on while hiking.

sView attachment 362417View attachment 362418
it's like Mars or something, very interesting.

New England has granite bedrock, large granite stones from glaciers and granite field stones piled into about 240,000 miles of walls and that's it.

By viewing the picture below, you have now seen 90% of New England forests lol
1713727868245.png

I really ,really hate this thread😭 only because these rock crawlers are so cool looking and I don't own one ..🙁 I got my eye on a few but not ready yet to pull the trigger 🤷.when I do I'll post mine up here..won't be as fancy ,or sooped up like the ones here but it shall be good enough for beginner ..👍 you guys definitely make me so jelly .. awesome rigs

I really ,really hate this thread😭 only because these rock crawlers are so cool looking and I don't own one ..🙁 I got my eye on a few but not ready yet to pull the trigger 🤷.when I do I'll post mine up here..won't be as fancy ,or sooped up like the ones here but it shall be good enough for beginner ..👍 you guys definitely make me so jelly .. awesome rigs
Glad you are enjoying. It's fun to share photos from all of our areas to learn more. While I like my "go fast" machines, my true love are crawlers. Relaxing to be out and alone in nature.

Glad you are enjoying. It's fun to share photos from all of our areas to learn more. While I like my "go fast" machines, my true love are crawlers. Relaxing to be out and alone in nature.
I totally hear ya 👍 I'm a speed freek love things that go fast . I don't know anything else. But I'm intrigued with these crawlers.🤷 I know they are at the other end of the spectrum .slow moving but I'm still curious if it's something for me and I won't know unless I get one .. someday

I totally hear ya 👍 I'm a speed freek love things that go fast . I don't know anything else. But I'm intrigued with these crawlers.🤷 I know they are at the other end of the spectrum .slow moving but I'm still curious if it's something for me and I won't know unless I get one .. someday
A crawler is the best travel buddy you will ever buy. ;)

Idk if I should feel better or worse about my ability to get a 1:10 4x4 crawler through a few gates after watching this lol

Back