Let's see those crawlers and trail runners!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slowly evolving the Axial Ryft into a crawler.

Ryft 17.jpg

Awesome photo as usual @Steve B in Vegas . Keep them coming. I've heard the Ryft is not a good rock crawler, more of a basher. Looks like that's not true. What's your thoughts?
Well, it's not my first choice by a wide margin, but with a bit of fooling around, it will pull lines that would surprise you. We are working on a piece for the website called The Tale of Two Ryfts. One built as a rock racer, the other a rock crawler. Both are progressing well towards their goals, but the rock crawler is really starting to shine.

Glad you like the photos.

s
Ryft 9.jpg

My only trail rig. Stock configuration, but loaded with upgrades. Aluminum transmission case, all hardened gears inside it and in the diffs. Cheap AMK brass that had to be dremeled to get bearings to seat. Treal diff housings, Sinecam servo, slightly larger Injora 7.4v aluminum case shift servos, Holmes Hobbies puller pro standard length with Castle Mamba Monster X. Shown it in various threads here. Only a trail rig. Nothing to sneeze at.

20230604_182709.jpg
20230604_182719.jpg
20230604_182730.jpg

My only trail rig. Stock configuration, but loaded with upgrades. Aluminum transmission case, all hardened gears inside it and in the diffs. Cheap AMK brass that had to be dremeled to get bearings to seat. Treal diff housings, Sinecam servo, slightly larger Injora 7.4v aluminum case shift servos, Holmes Hobbies puller pro standard length with Castle Mamba Monster X. Shown it in various threads here. Only a trail rig. Nothing to sneeze at.

View attachment 360516View attachment 360517View attachment 360518
That looks sharp. The Traxxas Canyon Trail tires scored very high in our evaluations, and we happen to be quite fond of our TRX-4 2021 Bronco. Traxxas are highly capable crawlers.

That's a

View attachment 360516View attachment 360517View attachment 360518
It looks real.

Don't even have a functioning crawler yet, but I've started accumulating materials to build a backyard crawler course. Everything pictured here was acquired for free. Not pictured are 3 more pallets that I have yet to break down.

It seems like half the fun of this part of the hobby will be designing/building the course itself! I have a couple buddies with 1/10 crawlers as well, so hopefully we can get in some good backyard sessions.

ePDKPCH.jpg

Built a little articulation/sidehill obstacle thing. Set the TRX-4 high centered over the tallest peak just to double check the overall scale. New driveshafts, bolts, and wheels/tires arrive tmrw, so I should be able to get this one up and running tmrw evening!
9eNpAxV.jpg

Don't even have a functioning crawler yet, but I've started accumulating materials to build a backyard crawler course. Everything pictured here was acquired for free. Not pictured are 3 more pallets that I have yet to break down.

It seems like half the fun of this part of the hobby will be designing/building the course itself! I have a couple buddies with 1/10 crawlers as well, so hopefully we can get in some good backyard sessions.

ePDKPCH.jpg

Built a little articulation/sidehill obstacle thing. Set the TRX-4 high centered over the tallest peak just to double check the overall scale. New driveshafts, bolts, and wheels/tires arrive tmrw, so I should be able to get this one up and running tmrw evening!
9eNpAxV.jpg

Looks like someone is in for a good time. :)

Looks like someone is in for a good time. :)

Oh yes. Good thing there is more daylight these days so I can sneak in an hour or so after the kiddo goes to bed :ROFLMAO:

I'm thinking some kind of boulder/slab type arrangement with the landscaping blocks and concrete chunks. Definitely a suspension bridge using some wire rope, slats made from pallet wood, and a 2x4 frame. Maybe an interesting climb or sidehill thing using a piece of plywood and screwing some bumps/obstacles onto the plywood. Oh, can't forget a teeter totter!

If anybody has any other good obstacle ideas, I'm all ears!

Back