LHS rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
There are 2 hobby shops in my city, one has a super nice owner who never has stock and the other one is run by the biggest *censored* on the planet but always has stock (overpriced), they make it seem like a chore to just answer the phone and are very quick to get irritated and rude if you don’t know EXACTLY what you want and have the part numbers memorized. They don’t deserve to run/own a successful business BUT they seem to be the only store around that has stock, I’m left to decide if I love the hobby more than I despise and hate them, I’m really leaning towards leaving the trucks parked and broken rather than resorting to buying from them.

Eliminator-RC in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada if anyone’s wondering.

I can relate dude. It gets frustrating when LHS get too big. They forget about good cust service. Been there. And I have put down RC for while out of frustration like yours. You are not alone. Some LHS really do price gouge. I want to support LHS. But up to a point I have to draw the line and call them for what they are and move on to other options.

F them, buy online!
That’s what I ended up doing, got a senton chassis, all 4 a arms, steering blocks and rear hubs, fast eddy bearings and a set of dboots fortress. $173.00cad (125ish america bucks)

There are 2 hobby shops in my city, one has a super nice owner who never has stock and the other one is run by the biggest *censored* on the planet but always has stock (overpriced), they make it seem like a chore to just answer the phone and are very quick to get irritated and rude if you don’t know EXACTLY what you want and have the part numbers memorized. They don’t deserve to run/own a successful business BUT they seem to be the only store around that has stock, I’m left to decide if I love the hobby more than I despise and hate them, I’m really leaning towards leaving the trucks parked and broken rather than resorting to buying from them.

Order from zonehobbies

F

Funny I order from them online and have no complaints

F

Funny I order from them online and have no complaints
They may be a great LHS online because there is no Face to deal with. Just the Cart. In person, LHS's are like people. Many different attitudes, some not customer friendly. They make money with online sales. The walk in guy is time wasted for some LH's. Seen them all. I raced at a Track at a LHS and in 20 years attitudes changed. Same people, same owner. Some just wanted to rush me out the door if they cant up sell me (like to a Traxxas rig) when you came in for something else, or needed help.

Lol, same with the two lhs around here. One super cool, nice older gentlemen with his 40 something kids running the show. I buy rcs I have to order thru them to throw them some business. The store stocks mostly traxxas rcs and lots of their parts. Hardly stock stuff I need and is pricey on paint, body shells and wheels...They will work on a customers 15 year old emaxx they bought from them for hours and not charge them. I once heard him talk someone out of a helicopter costing hundreds of dollars to sell him a $100 drone because he felt it fitted the costumers needs better then an expensive 3d heli.
Other shop will not look up when someone comes in, rude, and is always a filthy mess.

Hey LMC, my wife is from Winnipeg, we get up there 2-3 times a year (not this year of course), next trip post covid when it's warm we should do some bashing. I always bring a few rigs to keep occupied. I have always wanted to stop in to Eliminator, but never made it in there yet, good to know the expectations don't need to be too high :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back