Kraton Lightweight Larry is going grass tracking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
so first off , it was supposed to be based on a Talion chassis , but the breaker sent a kraton instead , but not to worry , so...... i have been reading about you lads making the rigs lighter , 4s etc for racing , so i thought , i`ll have a go , kinda done it before , but this time i`ll weigh as i go and use a 4s 100c 4200 pack ( cut up 6s pack sent in error from DXF ) my kraton xl is the donor wagon , and this one is purely for flat grass tracking in my garden , no jumping , no racing . i have weighed the monster , plus the backflip lp`s , talion belted and standard , plus kraton, talion exb towers , and standard talion towers , gonna enjoy this
IMG_6036.JPG
IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG
IMG_6042.JPG
IMG_6044.JPG
IMG_6037.JPG

My Kraton 6s is strictly for running on my 1/2 acre or so backyard with no jumps and mostly dirt and a little bit of grass. I haven't weighed it, but I'm sure it's pretty heavy. I'm using the regular Backflips, not the LP version, but I'm considering the LP versions to save rotating weight. Click on the Build Thread Contributor banner in my signature for a complete description of my Kraton.

My Kraton 6s is strictly for running on my 1/2 acre or so backyard with no jumps and mostly dirt and a little bit of grass. I haven't weighed it, but I'm sure it's pretty heavy. I'm using the regular Backflips, not the LP version, but I'm considering the LP versions to save rotating weight. Click on the Build Thread Contributor banner in my signature for a complete description of my Kraton.
can you tell me what is the difference in the LP tires?

can you tell me what is the difference in the LP tires?
Weight and size I believe. Lp are smaller and stand for low profile iirc?

Hello everyone , a quick chassis change and parts heaped up , using EXB towers and chassis braces as mine standard are bent or bust . 700g saved minus battery . Not spent a penny either , have weighed my smaller 6s pack , it’s not far off a bigger capacity 4s pack , so will try that first before I cut it up
E725BBDA-717F-4811-81D6-4F6158043382.jpeg
EE3A4CC1-454E-4A35-AB00-97B261E74F8F.jpeg
CDB262E3-D27A-46E7-83EA-BDC20C588106.jpeg
E8FD17D1-EBA6-45BE-BDD6-0D1A647408B7.jpeg

628BF984-4603-41C6-94A4-D5B2DC9A76C7.jpeg

Test 1 and 2 done . Test 1 was with a cut up battery tray , I belted off down the garden , hit the brakes and she flew end over end into a tree , battery and receiver flew away . So full item fitted , brakes turned down and a very successful blast had on 6s . I’ll cut the spare pack up over the weekend . It’s defo faster with all the weight loss and it’s a fight on 6s , I think 4s in my garden will be great , need to find my talion rear links to get correct camber , well pleased indeed
ED9F042D-2871-4686-AD54-A095ACD54044.jpeg

Test 1 and 2 done . Test 1 was with a cut up battery tray , I belted off down the garden , hit the brakes and she flew end over end into a tree , battery and receiver flew away . So full item fitted , brakes turned down and a very successful blast had on 6s . I’ll cut the spare pack up over the weekend . It’s defo faster with all the weight loss and it’s a fight on 6s , I think 4s in my garden will be great , need to find my talion rear links to get correct camber , well pleased indeed
View attachment 215691
Have a body for it ?

Not the best start to the weekend , Friday evening whizz around the garden see’s the ESC fan pack up , so retro fitted the 40mm fan and fitted a 12v huge server fan on the motor , running 6s it is :) the motor is getting hot on my lawn , so this set up will do and new fans on way via AliExpress , here’s to a fun garden weekend , yes I’m adding weight , which I didn’t want to do , but don’t wanna cook the electrics either , still goes like stink mind , yeeee harrrrrr
790C999D-4745-40A0-857A-6046847DD421.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back