Kraton Used kraton 6s exb going to upgrade the car with Gpm and rpm parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Bart

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hi just got my used kraton exb with spectrum firma 150A ecu and spektrum 1700 brushless motor fitted and a bluebird6600mg+hs servo now i have to wait for my flysky nb4 to be delivered was also thinking of putting an arrma limited slip diff in the rear as well it has a tmt body on it as well any recommendations for electronics and servo are welcome. I will not be extreme bashing this car well not intentionally , sorry about photo quality but I’m only have one working hand

IMG_4305.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4300.jpeg

IMG_4299.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

I think swapping exb arms for RPM is going backwards myself. You already have LSD diffs in there, unless someone swapped them out.
@slick2500 is a proponent for the BlueBird servos, definitely better than stock.
i think you should run as is before making any changes. Tires are so-so(Copperheads) but otherwise that's a fine rig as it sits from what I can tell. I wouldn't be in any hurry to change anything. Congrats and enjoy!!😎😉

I think swapping exb arms for RPM is going backwards myself.!!😎😉
Totally agree. If I bought the truck used with brand new RPM arms, I’d remove them immediately and put stock arms back on.

The truck looks mint BTW. So, either freshly rebuilt or hardly used, the chassis and arms have got to be new..one session would surely leave at least some scratches in the chassis, under my hands anyways.

The truck looks mint BTW. So, either freshly rebuilt or hardly used, the chassis and arms have got to be new..one session would surely leave at least some scratches in the chassis, under my hands anyways.

Absolutely Minty Fresh!
How is that even possible for used?

@Captain Bart
Have you seen my Pre-owned Kraton..??

1693226794696.png

The bottom of your chassis looks practically spanking new...

Here's how mine looked when I picked it up..
1693226979473.png

It was used & abused.

To the OP, what is your rc experience level? I only ask because the Kraton you have there looks as if it's literally ready to go. Use it before you make any changes. The Firma 150 system is not really lacking anything for new users. Just sayin✌
Thanks I will use it as is and my last rc expierience was its a 1/5 scale marder in 1991so im a new old boy
Absolutely Minty Fresh!
How is that even possible for used?

@Captain Bart
Have you seen my Pre-owned Kraton..??
thats what i thought apparently it was bought for a young son who tried it out and said its not for me after 10 minutes
Most prefer an open diff in the back, and many convert the rear LSD to open if equipped. LSD is great on the front and center, set to max.
Ok thanks i will just make sure its shimmed correctly

Thanks I will use it as is and my last rc expierience was its a 1/5 scale marder in 1991so im a new old boy

thats what i thought apparently it was bought for a young son who tried it out and said its not for me after 10 minutes
Well ur in for quite a treat then!! These things are just mental compared to petrol powered honestly. The instant torque of modern electronics is impressive.
Arrma makes some fine machines, overall quality is very good. I really doubt you'd be gaining much if anything from GPM parts. As to RPM, I like their bumpers and skids, arms are too flexible to be worthwhile for me. Kinda like a wet noodle if you will. Many like the wing mount though I haven't tried it. Good luck, welcome to the show!! Be sure and ask away with questions, after using the search function first of course😉😎🍻

Well ur in for quite a treat then!! These things are just mental compared to petrol powered honestly. The instant torque of modern electronics is impressive.
Arrma makes some fine machines, overall quality is very good. I really doubt you'd be gaining much if anything from GPM parts.
As to RPM, I like their bumpers and skids, arms are too flexible to be worthwhile for me. Kinda like a wet noodle if you will. Many like the wing mount though I haven't tried it. Good luck, welcome to the show!! Be sure and ask away with questions, after using the search function first of course😉😎🍻

Agreed.

The "stock" EXB version of the Kraton is quite a Brute as it is , straight from the factory.
Really No need to upgrade anything until you break something off...

The only "upgrade" you need is probably the HD wing mount made by our fellow member @3d-rc.myshopify.com .

Take a peek at what I'm doing to rehab my old pre-owned Kraton RTR back to health... (When you have some free time to read it all..)

Slow & Steady.. I'll get her back to fighting form.
The Dump

PS:
Why are you one handed..?

In a few years the boy will hit himself on the head for refusing such a mighty gift

He'll probably wished to kicked Himself in the jimmy for giving up such a Beastly machine..

Mike Judge Kick GIF by Idiocracy

In a few years the boy will hit himself on the head for refusing such a mighty gift
Perhaps, hard to say. The youngster's these day seem to be perfectly content without even setting foot outside.. might just as well hardwire them and throw em in a tub of saline solution as seen in The Matrix.. LOL.

He'll probably wished to kicked Himself in the jimmy for giving up such a Beastly machine..

Mike Judge Kick GIF by Idiocracy
I don’t understand either if iwas given one of these backin the day i would have Ben out playing with it every day in daylight hours but alas when i was a kid in the late 60’s early 70’s there was no such things

Perhaps, hard to say. The youngster's these day seem to be perfectly content without even setting foot outside.. might just as well hardwire them and throw em in a tub of saline solution as seen in The Matrix.. LOL.
I know in the summer my parents had to drag me back home in the evenings when we were kids.but that was a different time no social media no cellphones no computers i was born in 1962 im a old boy

GPM and upgraded don't really go in the same sentence. If you are going to be bashing this car at all stay away from GPM.
I haven't used any GPM parts myself, just reading about them has spared me. My bro has GPM shock caps on his Sludge, so far so good. I think they leak though, not sure. I'll take a look and see, it's at my house.. curious.
Yeah boys never grow old our toys just get bigger and more expensive
True. I think I'm "coming down" from it though..used to be hot rods, bikes, snowmobiles..I've given up on hurting myself,LOL. Now if I crash an rc, I put it away and go to work tomorrow. VS crashing and being lay'd up for weeks with broken bones..cost is "a lil" less with rc's too.😉🍻🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back