Typhon momo‘s “lightweight“ truggyfied Typhon 6s Baja bug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 6s
After finishing my first build(Kraton 6s tank):
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-governator-momo‘s-kraton-6s-build.50354/
I‘m ready to give my Typhon a makeover.
Want to keep it lightweight and give it a VW Käfer look.

Upgrade highlights:

M2C speed chassis
M2C chassis braces
Basherqueen Towers
Basherqueen steering kit
Basherqueen shock standoffs
M2C pillow ball retainer nuts
Proline Baja bug body
Proline MX28 HP 2.8 belted tires
Arrma Roll tower

Open questions:

I want to run it without wing. Any ideas on how to mount the rear chassis brace without the wing? I am thinking about just cutting off the wingmount behind the tower. Hmm

Not sure yet how to safe the body and Diff in the rear (see in attached picture). My favorite solution would be a wheelie bar that would be mounted below the end of the body. Would be willing to trim a little bit more of the body but don’t want to mount on the wingmount. Didn‘t find anything that fits yet so bought a rear bumper for now. Any ideas?

Question for truggyfied Typhon owners. Which Diffoil Setup are you running? Stock motor and ESC

Colour for body? Probably yellow, not sure yet

6DD2D59B-CF36-47B5-8AC2-B4A8FF9A683D.jpeg

6EAB4719-4B7C-4110-AAFD-D2BF1B11CCD0.jpeg

9F5D792B-3252-4B2A-ABD5-1AC47959A372.jpeg

D7755138-8783-45E7-8C65-359C3C8A1623.jpeg

After finishing my first build(Kraton 6s tank):
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-governator-momo‘s-kraton-6s-build.50354/
I‘m ready to give my Typhon a makeover.
Want to keep it lightweight and give it a VW Käfer look.

Upgrade highlights:

M2C speed chassis
M2C chassis braces
Basherqueen Towers
Basherqueen steering kit
Basherqueen shock standoffs
M2C pillow ball retainer nuts
Proline Baja bug body
Proline MX28 HP 2.8 belted tires
Arrma Roll tower

Open questions:

I want to run it without wing. Any ideas on how to mount the rear chassis brace without the wing? I am thinking about just cutting off the wingmount behind the tower. Hmm

Not sure yet how to safe the body and Diff in the rear (see in attached picture). My favorite solution would be a wheelie bar that would be mounted below the end of the body. Would be willing to trim a little bit more of the body but don’t want to mount on the wingmount. Didn‘t find anything that fits yet so bought a rear bumper for now. Any ideas?

Question for truggyfied Typhon owners. Which Diffoil Setup are you running? Stock motor and ESC

Colour for body? Probably yellow, not sure yet

View attachment 211390

View attachment 211391

View attachment 211393

View attachment 211394
Cut the mounts and throw on a TBone wheelie bar. That’s what I did. Zoom in below and you’ll see.

DFA1EF20-AA3C-4320-9044-A00CD8DE629B.jpeg

Looks good!
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your finished build. I love bug bodys.
Yellow would be sweet! I did a Tamyia camel yellow backed by white recently and like how it turned out.

Attachments

• 268E89E9-5F59-4159-82FD-E42D66C337AB.jpeg
    268E89E9-5F59-4159-82FD-E42D66C337AB.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 61
Out of curiosity: did you consider the TLR chassis as wel? It weighs about the same. (I was considering it for a lightweight Noto build but couldn’t find any reports on its strengt vs the stock chassis or the M2C speed chassis)

Out of curiosity: did you consider the TLR chassis as wel? It weighs about the same. (I was considering it for a lightweight Noto build but couldn’t find any reports on its strengt vs the stock chassis or the M2C speed chassis)
No, to be honest that idea didn‘t cross my mind.
Have not seen any comments about bent TLR chassis though. Question is if anyone tried it for big jumps yet!?

any updates? im looking into a baja bug body...looks like it fits nice
No updates yet. On vacation in Egypt right now, back next week. Just cleaned everything to start taking everything apart.
Will post updates as I start.

Have bought a MT410 in the meantime though. Not sure which one to build first… 🙈

Dang. Yep I found it online. The graffiti bug body I have is for a Stampede. Thats why it's a bit short on my typhon haha. Oh well. I love the look of the truggified typhon bug, I'll have to pick up a body.

Dang. Yep I found it online. The graffiti bug body I have is for a Stampede. Thats why it's a bit short on my typhon haha. Oh well. I love the look of the truggified typhon bug, I'll have to pick up a body.
Anything that fits the slash should the typhon 6s ( Don't quote me lol ).

What model # is that bug body? I have a graffiti bug body but it looks like it is way too short.
There are two versions of that graffiti bug body on Ebay. One is for the shorter Stampede and one is for the longer Slash. The Slash versions will be the better fit for a Typhon. I forget the numbers, but some of the listings provide wheelbase length so you can tell the difference. They are both copies of the Pro-line body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back