Limitless Limitless 8S center diff or spool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BossHogg760

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just built a limitless roller with the Hobbywing Max 6 G2 (200 amp) and Hobbywing 5690 sensored 1250kv G2 running it on 8s. 39t seems to be the smallest pinion that will mesh to the stock 39 tooth spool so it’s 1:1 1250kv on 8s. I don’t really do speed runs just street bashing. What advantages would I notice with putting an infraction center diff and Spur in it, besides being able to gear it down a bit. I see people saying it will drift better with a center diff but Holly crap this thing already drifts all over the place with ease and I only have the throttle to allow 75% max. My motor temps are fine about 138 deg with fans after gong through full packs. Is there any danger in me just keeping it a spool for street bashing, drifting and doughnuts? I don’t see anyone who makes a larger spool for it, not even Saga.

Also if I were to buy an infraction center diff, what else do I need for the limitless V2 to install it. I had one in my had at my LHS and there is more needed than just the complete diff and Spur to convert it seems.

Thanks in advance. I was going to post on an old thread but I always get flamed by people for that.
IMG_4413.jpeg

The center diff is about distributing the power. A spool ensures the front and rear are constantly spinning at the same rate. This makes them good for speed runs, which only go straight. Personally I run diffs in my speed runner and mostly because I like ripping around parking lots too. Drifting is all about having front and rear spin at different rates. For you, a center diff is a must. You will notice yourself drifting better. The next question is what oil weight do you want? I run 20m in my center so it acts like a spool most of the time and will "slip" when it really needs too. You might want alot lighter weight of oil. Others will chime in on their thoughts there.

You have a limitless V2 that comes with an extended spool. You’d need a different rear center driveshaft to make an infraction diff work.
Yes, that’s what I was noticing, so I would just need the complete diff and rear portion of the drive shaft from infraction v2? What about the tower that sits over the spool/Spur?

Yes, that’s what I was noticing, so I would just need the complete diff and rear portion of the drive shaft from infraction v2? What about the tower that sits over the spool/Spur?
No, it’s not that simple. The motor mount was moved rearward in the limitless V2.

You’d have to figure out the correct rear center driveshaft length and then find something that fits. The driveshaft from other existing cars won’t work.

No, it’s not that simple. The motor mount was moved rearward in the limitless V2.

You’d have to figure out the correct rear center driveshaft length and then find something that fits. The driveshaft from other existing cars won’t work.
Man that sounds like quite a bit of work. OP, you might want to unload that Limitless for an Infraction. Or transfer your electronics to an Infraction roller.

Thanks for that info. Ya I will just keep it as is. I thought it was a drop in replacement. I don’t know why but it seems to be rear wheel biased as it is even with spool. My rear tires wear out twice as fast as front. If they made an infraction roller I would have purchased that, but I got the limitless roller for $350 on prime day and had a max 6 G2 and motor already on deck so it made sense. Either way it’s still a ton of fun!

Thanks for that info. Ya I will just keep it as is. I thought it was a drop in replacement. I don’t know why but it seems to be rear wheel biased as it is even with spool. My rear tires wear out twice as fast as front. If they made an infraction roller I would have purchased that, but I got the limitless roller for $350 on prime day and had a max 6 G2 and motor already on deck so it made sense. Either way it’s still a ton of fun!
The rear end squats when you give it gas, just like on a rear car. Rotate your tires front/back each run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back